A weekend away at Furrow Fields Lodge

Last weekend the girls and I were invited by Blue Chip Holidays to stay at the beautiful Furrow Fields Lodge in Bradford Abbas – Dorset. To say I was excited is a slight under statement I was massively in need of a little break and change of scenery, I took my friend Bianca along with us for an extra pair of hands with the girls. We arrived just before 5 after getting a little lost on the way turns out sat nav’s aren’t great!
We called the number provided and a very helpful lady on the other end gave us directions so it was fine and when we got in our lodge we weren’t disappointed.

Blue chip furrow fields lodge dorset

Furrow fields lodge living area

furrow fields lodge fire place The lodge has two bedrooms; one double with en suite, one twin, a bathroom and an open planned living space with a lounge area, dining room and kitchen.

Very spacious and lots of storage space which is always handy when going away with the kids at they go a little stir crazy in small spaces.

blue chip holidays furrow fields lodge decking and hot tub view of the back

Outside is the real highlight of the lodge with a decking area, table and chairs and a private hot tub looking out over the beautiful Dorset country side. BeingΒ out there you really feel a million miles away from anyone else so peaceful.

furrow fields lodge master bedroom

The finishing touches in the lodge were beautiful they really had thought of every detail from good quality bedding to soft fluffy bath robes. We felt so spoilt.

furrow fields lodge twin bedroom

The girls got stuck straight in exploring, jumping on beds and testing out the lamps because that’s what you do when your three right?

kids toy included at blue chip holidays furrow field lodge

Then they discovered the toys.. Furrow Fields Lodge is part of the Baby Blue Chip Collection meaning it is perfectly tailored for children. Blue Chip want to take the stress out of traveling with the little ones and provide all the things you will need to enjoy your stay.
So of corse they provide all the basic essentials you would expect from child friendly accommodation – travel cot, high chair etc; but Blue Chip go one step further with things like toys, board games, a steriliser even plates bowls and cutlery it was great. All the products were in an immaculate condition some even brand new still, it was great a real bonus to have all these things to hand they are those little things you would most likely not even think of.

Food hamper dining area in furrow fields lodge

For us grown ups there was a lovely hamper waiting for us from PurelyDevonHampers.co.ukΒ (which was gorgeous – the fudge in there is insanly tasty), a bottle of red & white wine and some chocolates again just lovely little touches to make you smile and feel truly pampered!

well equipped kitchen at furrow fields lodge, blue chip holidays

Our first evening we nipped into Yeovil to grab some food, while in the lodge you feel deep in the country side but the shops are a 5 minute drive down the road which is so handy. The kitchen is fully equipped so makes self catering a breeze, they even have a dish washer and washing machine if you are there for a slightly longer stay.

lodge 13

beautiful country side that surrounds furrow fields lodge

The beautiful view from outside – once the girls were in bed we jumped in the hot tub with a few glasses of wine and a girly gossip, it was so relaxing. One thing I would say is it would of been nice to have some more lighting outside – maybe some solar lights, by the time it got to about 9pm it was pitch black and we could barely see a thing.

lodge

Overall first impressions of Furrow Fields Lodge were amazing I will be back with part 2 of our stay tomorrow!

furrow fields lodge PIN

1. October 15, 2015 / 7:08 am

Amy it looks beautiful there and the lodge looks so modern and stunning, it looks right up our street. We really want to visit Devon so will check this out x
    Sarah Christie recently posted…My Captured Moment, After 10 MilesMy Profile

• October 20, 2015 / 9:42 pm

Thanks Sarah, It’s in Dorset – but Dorset is much better than Devon anyway I am not biased at all haha! πŸ˜‰
      Amy recently posted…It’s nearly half term..My Profile

2. October 15, 2015 / 10:32 am

Oh I love this Amy, it looks like you had a lovely stay and what a gorgeous location and lodge. Such a brilliant idea to have some toys for the girls, when we went away recently we took some with us but it would be nice to not have to bother with that. Looks like you were well and truly spoiled, you totally deserve a little break xx
    Hayley @ hayleyfromhome recently posted…Picture Ledge RefreshMy Profile

3. October 15, 2015 / 10:53 am

It looks like such a lovely spot for a weekend break! The outside with the hot tub is definitely the best bit. I love the extra touches especially the toys as it saves taking up even more space in the car bringing some from home. Such lovely touches!
    Alice recently posted…Toddler Bedroom Spruce Up | Giveaway!My Profile

4. October 15, 2015 / 11:32 am

looks really lovely, we head away tomorrow for a weekend getaway, can’t wait!

5. October 15, 2015 / 6:49 pm

Gosh it looks like a beautiful place. It sounds like you had a lovely time. x

6. October 15, 2015 / 9:09 pm

Sounds gorgeous – am definitely liking the sound of the hot tub, and it looks very clean and fresh in the hut! Was it warm enough?! Over from Love 2 Blog πŸ™‚
    Stephs Two Girls recently posted…Does Every Child Really Matter?My Profile

7. October 18, 2015 / 7:01 am

The lodges look amazing! Love the finishing touches of the toys and steriliser! *Goes off to look up the lodges now* Thanks for hosting #SundayStars πŸ™‚
    Nicola recently posted…Hair Brained or Baby Brained?!My Profile

8. October 18, 2015 / 11:25 am

Oh wow how beautiful is that place!! Lovely photos. Looking forward to seeing Part 2 of your stay.
    Beth recently posted…Family MealMy Profile

9. October 18, 2015 / 11:36 am

Wow what an amazing trip and what a luxury to have the hot tub to relax in. I love the modern but cozy look of the lodge too. #sundaystars

10. October 18, 2015 / 12:13 pm

Wow looks stunning!! Love the toys too. Thats a fab idea. #sundaystars xx

11. October 18, 2015 / 1:03 pm

Wow this looks so idyllic! I love lodge accommodation – they make you feel like you’ve really got away from it all. Such a great idea to provide toys and board games for the kids too. Not to mention fudge! Looks like a lovely place to stay, thanks for sharing #SundayStars
    Mum in Brum recently posted…15 signs you’re a true BritMy Profile

12. October 18, 2015 / 5:50 pm

Love, love, love this! What a fab lodge, very jealous indeed. Glad you had a great time. x
    teacuptoria recently posted…3 Weeks To Go!My Profile

13. October 18, 2015 / 6:16 pm

This definitely looks like my cup of tea. How stunning. Makes me want to live in one! The hot tub and giggles with wine looks brilliant too! Thanks for hosting xx #sundaystars
    Sarah Howe (@RunJumpScrap) recently posted…Healthy Hotel BreakfastsMy Profile

14. October 18, 2015 / 6:55 pm

Looks like a great place to visit and looks like you had lots of fun. It’s fab to have a girly getaway πŸ™‚ #SundayStars

15. October 18, 2015 / 9:57 pm

Oh my gosh this looks so perfect. What a beautiful place to stay and with a hot tub!!! I am so jealous. It looks like a lot of fun. The hamper and the toys are so friendly! It’s really great that they cater for children. Yeovil is really great too. I’d love to stay here. x

16. October 20, 2015 / 7:00 pm

Wow! That looks lovely! I could do with a break and that hot tub looks amazing πŸ™‚

#SundayStars