I love reading with my girls I have done every evening since Maisy was just a few months old, we have a huge box filled with all sorts of stories but the girls definitely have their favourites. The ones we all know off by heart but seem to come back to over and over again I introduce new books to them regularly and we also visit the library and borrow some but these are our current favourites:
- Giraffes can’t dance – The big bright illustrations are great in this book, the girl’s all love this story and have done for a good couple of years.
- Alfie Outdoors – A new book we we’re sent recently. This book sends me straight back to my own childhood, I use to have these books when I was younger and I love being able to share that with the girls, a lovely little story with beautiful illustrations.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar – The first book I ever bought Maisy we used to read this over and over again and it is still one of our most favourites, I love that it encourages them with counting too.
- The Gruffalo – what child does not love the gruffalo! A story we can all recite with our eyes closed after many nights of reading this twice.
- Lola Pug – another recent addition to our collection I reviewed the book in full here and it has stayed a firm favourite and with out doubt after I read them this book I hear “can I have a puppy?”
What are your favourite bedtime book? I’d love to hear them.