I, like most parents am always thinking about what is going into my children’s bodies, they do like a treat but I’m always looking for different ways I can make that treat just a bit more healthy.
We decided to give Greek yogurt ice lollies a go. My girls love an ice lolly and especially with this hot weather I thought this would be great to make with them for nice cold afternoon snack.
And how simple was is to make! I mean even i didn’t manage to fluff this one up so it must be.
Strawberry greek yogurt icelollies
- ice lolly moulds (I got mine from sainsburys)
- greek yogurt (aprx 300g made 4 but it will depend on the size of your moulds)
- 100ml apple juice
- 8 strawberries
1. Thinly slice the strawberries and add to a bowl with the Greek yogurt
and apple juice.
2. Give it a good stir until all the strawberries are covered.
3. Spoon equal amounts into the moulds.
tip-make sure the moulds are filled right to the top makes it easier when taking them out.
4. Freeze over night.
And there you have it delicious, healthy, easy to make Greek yogurt ice lollies great for kids (and adults).
Its a great snack to have in the freezer, you can use any fruit you like why not try mashing a banana in or adding some kiwi i think its a great way to get kids trying some new fruits.
We really enjoyed these as you can see on a sunny Saturday afternoon in the garden :).