Princess Cruises #RoyalLuncheon

On Sunday I was a very lucky girl indeed and was invited on board the Princess Cruises Royal Princess cruise ship to celebrate their 50th anniversary with a Royal Luncheon, to say I was looking forward to the day was an understatement, with the promise of a day full of cocktail making and little foodie surprises this little foodie practically skipped on board.
Get ready for a picture heavy post of my day which will leave you dreaming of cruises and probably just a little bit hungry as well!Royal-Princess-632x398

This was my first time on a cruise ship and I was completely overwhelmed by the sheer size of the ship with 19 decks and the capacity to hold 3,560 passengers and 1,100 crew members it really was quite amazing.

The day started out with a tour of the ship, as we were all there for the Royal Luncheon we went to see where all the magic happens behind the scenes in kitchen’s gallery. The place was organised down to the last detail with different stations for pasta’s and salads. All dish are created to an extremely high standard and cooked fresh on the day, with 5000 dishes being prepared in his kitchen each day I guess they need to know exactly what they  are doing. We had the executive chef David McDonlad showing us around who certainly knows his stuff when it comes to food and running a kitchen, not going to lie if I was in his kitchen I would be terrified, he created the incredible lunch menu we had in the afternoon – more on that later.

RPC7

RPC5

Chocolate truffles on the tour

RPC9

Private dining at the chefs table

This was the private chef’s table in one of the restaurants, passengers can pay for the private dining experience as the shutters close around you, you can just imagine how stunning this would look in the evenings all lit up.

RPC10

Centrepiece

Next we took a peak at the kids clubs, the ship can provide entertainment for 3-17 year olds.

RPC11

Split into 3 different age groups there is a fab little play area for the little ones available and facilities for the older kids such as pool and their own private jacuzzi.

By this point I was already planning on going home to book a cruise they had me sold with the chocolate truffles, I think I probably would wait until Lottie was three though just because then she would be able to use the kids clubs with her sisters. I never really thought a cruise would be that good for younger children thinking they’d feel enclosed but oh how wrong I was.

RPC25

Next stop we watched some amazing cocktail making, they put on a great little show for us juggling drinks and throwing bottles up in the air how cool is this rainbow of cocktails. We also got to try a couple!

RPC14

With the sun shining brightly in Southampton we really felt as though we were on holiday.

Natural cruiser don’t ya think?

PCS3

Adults only pool

RPC8

Glass floor 19 decks up!

RPC1

Relaxation areas in the adults only sections

It was then back inside to explore some more, the whole place felt so luxurious. I’ll let the pictures do the talking;

RPC13

RPC6

RPC15

RPC24

We had a little peak into the spa as well, I came out feeling so relaxed from just walking around let alone if I had a 60 minute massage and a sauna, as you can imagine with all that mood lighting going on I didn’t get too many photo’s in there.

RPC12

Next stop was lunch, as I mentioned earlier the menu was created by executive chef David McDonald in the ships Sambatini’s restaurant. RPC22

For started I had the Strawberry Gazpacho, I didn’t really know what to expect from this dish as I had never had it before but it was amazing, the flavour’s going on in there were just insane.

RPC17

RPC18

Followed by a rack of lamb, perfectly cooked with a french mustard herb crust, baby vegetables and a garlic potato tart.

RPC19

By the time dessert came out I wasn’t sure I could eat another thing but when the special 50th anniversary chocolate dessert was placed in front of me how could I resist!

It was a gooey raspberry, buscity, chooclatey bit of heaven on a plate.

RPC20

RPC21

Each course was just perfection and immaculately presented – hats off to the chef you did so good!

By then it was time to leave and sadly we waddled ourselves back to the car, I have had my eyes open to what a cruise would be like for a family and I think it would make the perfect break. Having said that I would be worried I’d leave a stone heavier if the food we experienced was anything to go by.

Thanks for having me Princesses cruises we will be back in the future, I am sure of it!

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

1. September 11, 2015 / 11:02 am

I love the idea of going on a cruise but imagined that it would have to be something we done when the children were grown up. However this looks great for children as I never knew how much there would be for them to do. It looks amazing and your food looks very yummy. I bet you had an amazing day , very jealous xx
    lindsay @ Newcastle family life recently posted…Slimming World : Week 19My Profile

• September 13, 2015 / 7:59 pm

That was exactly my thoughts on them until then, the food was so amazing I would book a cruise just to have that lamb again! x
      Amy recently posted…A forever homeMy Profile

• September 13, 2015 / 8:00 pm

Would of been lovely to see you there Karen it was such a lovely day thankyou x
      Amy recently posted…A forever homeMy Profile

2. September 11, 2015 / 8:40 pm

Wow Amy – this looks like an amazing experience. I bet you’re desperate to go on a cruise holiday now?! I’d love to try something like this one day as I’ve never been on a cruise. It looks stunning. xx
    Jenna recently posted…A Family Holiday Guide to CubaMy Profile

• September 13, 2015 / 8:01 pm

I really am! I wanted to stow away somewhere and cruise off with them that evening no such luck though haha
      Amy recently posted…A forever homeMy Profile

3. September 12, 2015 / 8:16 am

OH….MY…!!!! This looks amazing. I really want to go on a cruise ship. My family have said how amazing they are my sister used to work on them but I never quite realised just how grand they are. How incredible. I’d love to go with my family. I didn’t realise just how much there was to do for children either. And cooking 5000 meals, that’s insane! xx
    Chloe recently posted…10 MINUTE BREAK FOR BUSY MUMSMy Profile

• September 13, 2015 / 8:02 pm

They are so luxurious all the extra little details really do make it so stunning x
      Amy recently posted…A forever homeMy Profile

4. September 12, 2015 / 9:39 am

Erm…WOW! This looks amazing and the food looks delish!! #justanotherlinky xx

5. September 12, 2015 / 10:59 am

Amy fantastic post, you know how much I love cruising and how gutted I was I could not attend, we have cruised since the boys were tiny and as a family it is the perfect holiday. But do you know what? the first cruise I went on I did put on a stone it was all those lovely deserts and pina coladas so I am much more careful these days x
    Sarah Christie recently posted…My Weekly Round UpMy Profile

• September 13, 2015 / 8:03 pm

Haha I would so the exact same Sarah how can you say no to those amazing cocktails and the puddings I really didn’t expect it to be quite as brilliant as it was.
      Amy recently posted…A forever homeMy Profile

• September 13, 2015 / 8:04 pm

I know that pudding was so so pretty almost felt bad for eating it – almost 😉
      Amy recently posted…A forever homeMy Profile

• September 13, 2015 / 8:05 pm

was so good and it amazes me that everyone had the same and they all looks absolutely perfect I have no idea how they do it!
      Amy recently posted…A forever homeMy Profile

6. September 13, 2015 / 10:15 am

Oh my word, it looks absolutely amazing!! Jeez, I never knew cruising was so glam. It’s definitely something that I’d consider when the boys are a little bit older. I like the idea of entertainment being in one place. Probably the reason why I’m such a huge fan of Vegas … not really appropriate for the kiddos though.
    Rachel @ The Ordinary Lovely recently posted…Meet Nancy Straughan and her stunning textilesMy Profile

• September 13, 2015 / 8:06 pm

I know me neither it was more glam then any hotel I have stayed in before, hmm yes not sure vegas would be the best for toddlers ha 😉 x
      Amy recently posted…A forever homeMy Profile

7. September 14, 2015 / 5:03 pm

Amy this looks so good! What a day for it as well, I have to say the facilities look amazing and the food does too. My parents like cruising but I’ve never considered it with kids. I think they’d love it though! X
    Julia @ rainbeaubelle recently posted…Miffy turns 60My Profile

8. September 15, 2015 / 3:31 pm

Oh wow! What an amazing experience! Such stunning photos.

Thanks so much for linking up with #justanotherlinky

9. September 22, 2015 / 11:10 am

Wow that looks absolutely amazing. What a great experience love all your photos. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme
    Jenny recently posted…2015 MAD Blog Awards in LondonMy Profile