Kingston Maurward gardens & animal park

As the summer holidays draw to a close I am yet to tick everything off our summer holidays bucket list which makes me so cross I had so much planned but the weather has just not been on our side at all. Yesterday was dryish so I was just desperate to get the kids out and visit somewhere we have never been before.

After reading my friend Alice’s (new young mum) blog post about it I really wanted to give Kingston Maurward gardens and animal park a try, so with coats and wellies at the ready off we headed. Of corse my sat nav took me round the wrong way to a back entrance down a ton of super narrow country lanes, by the time I got to the end a gate was obviously locked and I had to ask some one for directions to actually get in the place aside from that it was really easy to get too.

First things first we headed out to see the animals.

KMAF 3

KMAF 8

KMAF 2

KMAF 10

The animals were all really well cared for which is lovely to see and this was the most friendly goat I have ever met. The girls loved her and we came to say hello to her about 7 times.

We then took a walk around the gorgeous gardens and jumped in every single puddle we could find.

The gardens are lovely however some bits are a little bit tricky with the push chair as there are a few steps. We managed ok, I am pretty sure there are other routes we could of taken that didn’t include bumping the pushchair down ten steps but I was just following the girls as they marched on exploring.

KMAF 5

KMAF 9

KMAF 4

They loved running up to the top of this hill, which doesn’t look nearly as steep as it was in the picture, and then running all the way back down Bella fell on her backside a good few time but was laughing her head off as we went.

By then it was time for some food so we walked down to the Coach House Café the food was really good and reasonably priced but again accessibility was little bit of an issue with the push chair. It seemed the main accessible route for push chairs and wheel chairs was closed for maintenance but the staff were really helpful and gave me a hand getting up and down. The amazing brownies also made up for it in my eyes! There are plenty of benches and picnic spots dotted around all over the place though to next time I would probably take a picnic for us.

KMAF 6

After our little pit stop we headed back toward the animal park where we had spotted a little play area, it’s only small but the girls still had plenty of fun in there.

KMAF 1

KMAF 7

All in all it was a enjoyable day out for us all, the kids slept all the way home which is always a great sign that they enjoyed themselves.

I would definitely recommend a visit to Kingston Maurward for a fun family day out.

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

Mami 2 Five

1. August 30, 2015 / 9:22 am

Ah they are so cute! I used to compete (horse riding) at Kingston Mauward college, didn’t know they had an animal park x
    You Baby Me Mummy recently posted…Do You Need To Let Go?My Profile

2. August 30, 2015 / 3:16 pm

Those matching coats!! CUTE! You all look like you and such fun. I just love places like this for my 3 year old twins, such a perfect place to go 🙂 Thanks for linking up and sharing 🙂 Jess xx

#SundayStars

3. August 30, 2015 / 3:44 pm

This looks like a great place to take children and definitely a good picnic location. Great pics! Love the goat. Looks like they had a really fun time and the play area looks fab. #countrykids

4. September 1, 2015 / 1:13 pm

This looks like perfect place to take the kids for some exploring in the fresh air, it’s great that you all enjoyed yourselves even if the weather wasn’t beautiful. It’s fab to see the girls making such great memories together, it’s these sorts of things that they’ll remember when they’re older. They’re all playing and running together so nicely I’m sure you all had a fab time. Thanks for linking up with me on Country Kids.
    Coombe Mill recently posted…The Pet With A Lucky EscapeMy Profile

5. September 2, 2015 / 6:07 am

We are the same so many plans are so few nice days to do them on. It does however give you chance to get those beautiful matching coats out. Adore those.
    Very cute photos Amy and looks like a fab day. #kidscorner
    Mini Travellers recently posted…British Airways do Family Holidays NowMy Profile

6. September 2, 2015 / 6:46 am

Awww it’s so cute watching them playing and making memories together. What a pretty place to visit! It’s a shame it wasn’t ideal for buggies but I’m glad you managed to get around ok. I love their little coats, they’re adorable. x #kidscorner
    Chloe recently posted…WHATEVER THE WEATHER #8My Profile

7. September 2, 2015 / 10:42 am

What a fun place to explore, learn & play! Love the beautiful gardens. The toys look so fun too. Love the girls matching jackets! So glad you had a great day out. Thank you for hosting #KidsCorner x
    Becky, Cuddle Fairy recently posted…My Updated WardrobeMy Profile

8. September 2, 2015 / 11:19 am

That looks like a great day out! I’ll have to see how far away that is from us. Love the picture of your three girls together pulling faces x #kidscorner
    Emma’s Mamma recently posted…The curse of the Italian deliMy Profile

9. September 2, 2015 / 5:06 pm

Sounds like a great day out I will have to plan a visit! Lovely photos. My sat nav always takes me down country lanes too! #KidsCorner

10. September 2, 2015 / 8:39 pm

Looks brilliant, so beautiful and you can’t beat visiting animals! Love your girls matching coats 🙂 Thanks for hosting x
    Sara | mumturnedmom recently posted…Childhood: back to schoolMy Profile