Next wee the girls break up for summer – I am really looking forward to a few weeks off the mad mornings to get them to nursery on time, no doubt the kids will still be up at the crack of dawn but I won’t be running around like a lunatic everyday to get us all looking semi presentable and out the door by 8am.
This is going to be my last summer before Maisy starts her first year of reception – there will be no more spur of the moment mid week days out (not unless I want a fine anyway!) and I would be lying if I said I won’t miss my big girl during those week days she will be far to knackered after school do do anything as well so I really want to make the most of the next 6 weeks and enjoy some fun and fingers crossed there will be a bit of sun as well!
- Trips to the beach – well it would be silly not to put this on we live so close to the beach but it does et so busy this time of year which makes it harder, I’m hoping to still get down a little bit during the summer even if its later on in the evening
- Watch the fireworks – Poole quay has fireworks and various activities on each week so we plan to make the most of this, last year they were a little bit too small and would fall asleep before the Fireworks started or not even make it down there
- See lots of friends and family – I am in the process of making plans to see lots of friends and family
- A trip to Weymouth – the kids love going on the train so a day out I’d love to do with them is catch the train to Weymouth to maybe visit the Sealife centre
- Picnics – there really are so many beautiful places in and around Dorset I plan to make the most of it this year by packing up a picnic and seeing where the day takes us I’m going to aim to visit a new place each week!
- Lots of arts and crafts – I need to get pinning some new idea’s the girls all love getting messy and creative so I want to make the most of that and try some fun new things
- Take the girls on a boat – we live right be the sea but would you believe my girls have never actually been on a boat! So whether we get the ferry over to Studland or take a trip to Browsea island this year that is going to be ticked off.
Most of all I just want to have lots of laughs and see the girls as happy as possible – my blog may be just full of days out, photos and crafty bits over the summer but I hope you will enjoy it all the same.
Do you have big plans for the summer I’d love to hear them?