Summer Holiday’s Bucket List

Next wee the girls break up for summer – I am really looking forward to a few weeks off the mad mornings to get them to nursery on time, no doubt the kids will still be up at the crack of dawn but I won’t be running around like a lunatic everyday to get us all looking semi presentable and out the door by 8am.

This is going to be my last summer before Maisy starts her first year of reception – there will be no more spur of the moment mid week days out (not unless I want a fine anyway!) and I would be lying if I said I won’t miss my big girl during those week days she will be far to knackered after school do do anything as well so I really want to make the most of the next 6 weeks and enjoy some fun and fingers crossed there will be a bit of sun as well!

Today I am putting together a summer bucket list of all the things we’d all like to do this summer!our summer bucket list

• Trips to the beach – well it would be silly not to put this on we live so close to the beach but it does et so busy this time of year which makes it harder, I’m hoping to still get down a little bit during the summer even if its later on in the evening
  • Watch the fireworks – Poole quay has fireworks and various activities on each week so we plan to make the most of this, last year they were a little bit too small and would fall asleep before the Fireworks started or not even make it down there
  • See lots of friends and family – I am in the process of making plans to see lots of friends and family
  • A trip to Weymouth – the kids love going on the train so a day out I’d love to do with them is catch the train to Weymouth to maybe visit the Sealife centre
  • Picnics – there really are so many beautiful places in and around Dorset I plan to make the most of it this year by packing up a picnic and seeing where the day takes us I’m going to aim to visit a new place each week!
  • Lots of arts and crafts – I need to get pinning some new idea’s the girls all love getting messy and creative so I want to make the most of that and try some fun new things
  • Take the girls on a boat – we live right be the sea but would you believe my girls have never actually been on a boat! So whether we get the ferry over to Studland or take a trip to Browsea island this year that is going to be ticked off.

Most of all I just want to have lots of laughs and see the girls as happy as possible – my blog may be just full of days out, photos and crafty bits over the summer but I hope you will enjoy it all the same.

Do you have big plans for the summer I’d love to hear them?

You Baby Me Mummy

1. July 17, 2015 / 6:49 am

Lovely plans for the summer. Yes my girls have made a list. Unfortunately it includes Disney World. I’ve had to explain that isn’t possible. They also wanted to add every theme park we’ve ever been to. Again – not likely! Beach and Park most days it will be!
    Mini Travellers recently posted…Travel Tips: The Baby CaseMy Profile

• July 26, 2015 / 7:27 am

haha aww bless them kids really don’t get the money and time aspect of things do they! x
      Amy recently posted…My Girls – JulyMy Profile

2. July 17, 2015 / 8:43 am

A great list! We have a bucket list every season, I find it helps with limiting the ‘what shall we do today?’ days when yu spend half the morning trying to decide what to do, then the rest of the morning packing the car and the kids (and the kitchen sink!) to then realise it o late to do anything!
    becky recently posted…Activity Time. Cereal Box Basil Brush Fox Puppet.My Profile

3. July 18, 2015 / 6:26 am

This sounds absolutely perfect and has prompted me to write a post about our plans! It’s all about making the most of the time together and making memories x
    Gemma @ gemslittletreasures recently posted…(Little Loves 15) *No 15*My Profile

4. July 18, 2015 / 1:58 pm

Oh hun what a fab list – I really hope you get to enjoy this break! 🙂 Here’s to fab weather and spending it outdoors! 🙂 Jess xx

5. July 20, 2015 / 10:01 pm

Great list! My baby boy is starting Reception this September too. I haven’t made a bucket lift yet, but the beach will be one of them for sure! Enjoy your Summer! 🙂 x #TheList

6. July 21, 2015 / 7:47 am

Such a great list all things I’m aiming to do too. Let’s do brownsea together as I haven’t been over there for years and sure Amelia would love the boat! Xx
    Alice recently posted…Woaa We’re going to Camp Bestival!My Profile

7. July 22, 2015 / 6:48 am

What a great list. I haven’t even thought about putting together one of these but I really need to. I’d definitely add the fireworks, beach and boat trip! 😀 x #kidscorner
    Chloe recently posted…WHATEVER THE WEATHER #2My Profile

8. July 22, 2015 / 10:16 am

Definitely make the most of your last time together before starting school, that’s what we did last year and it was fantastic! It looks like you are going to have a lovely summer with your list…enjoy x
    Let kids be kids recently posted…A Summer Reading ChallengeMy Profile

• July 26, 2015 / 7:34 am

Thanks hun hope so just need this weather to cheer up a little xx
      Amy recently posted…My Girls – JulyMy Profile

9. July 22, 2015 / 2:49 pm

at least you have plenty to keep you occupied this summer. Something for the whole family to enjoy x

10. July 22, 2015 / 5:09 pm

What a lovely list of to do’s! Visiting the beaches in Dorset is always on my summer list of places to go but as you say, can get a little busy this time of year.

• July 26, 2015 / 7:35 am

yes as a local I have a few favourite beaches that don’t get so busy but come air show week – no chance x
      Amy recently posted…My Girls – JulyMy Profile

11. July 22, 2015 / 7:07 pm

Sounds like a great summer bucket list! We were in Weymouth at the beginning of this month but it rained so we missed the Sea Life centre. We really want to go back! Thanks for hosting #KidsCorner
    Emma’s Mamma recently posted…Whipsnade ZooMy Profile

12. July 22, 2015 / 7:13 pm

Such a lovely list. I love Weymouth and really want to take Ollie soon. I hope you enjoy the summer holidays 🙂
    Becky x

13. July 22, 2015 / 8:03 pm

You have some great ideas here. The summer always flies by on me & I don’t get to as many things as I’d like. We love our arts & crafts too. I hope the girls get onto a boat, they will love it! Thanks so much for hosting #KidsCorner