Half term is here! One week whole week off from the school runs and plenty of quality time to enjoy with our little ones. Like any parent, my girls can drive me round the bend sometimes but I do love it when they are off. By Thursday I will probably be eating my words and counting down the days until they go back to school.
For now I am planning our week with excitement here is 10 things to do with the kids this half term in Dorset.
- Percy park keeper trail and Moors Valley – As long as the weather stays dry we try and get in a Moors Valley trip during the half terms. Either to follow one of the trails or have a picnic while the kids enjoy the park.
- Visit Brownsea island – Feb half term sees Browsea Island open up again for visitors, just a short ferry over and you can explore the island. Browsea Island is National trust so as long as you are members the entrance to the island is free you’ll just need to pay the ferry. Lots going on over there for children this half term!
- Farmer Palmers Farm Park – We love farmer palmers it is a great day out for young children with plenty for them to see and do. We’ve been a ton of times and are heading there again for Lottie’s birthday treat during half term.
- Monkey World – Kids go for just £1 during half term. A fab day out, children will love meeting all the monkeys especially those cheeky chimps!
- Visit your local library – Local libraries are a brilliant way to keep your children entertained. They always have activities on during half term, check out a long list here to find your nearest.
- Get up and Bounce – Get up and bounce put on there fantastic bouncy fun play days throughout half term. We have been to so many of these in recent years, they never fail to entertain. The kids have the best time and it is amazing value for money. Check out dates and times here.
- Annie at the Pavillion – Do your kids love a good musical? Annie is as the pavilion this half term. A great show you wont want to miss.
- Corfe Castle – I recently took the girls down to Corfe Castle, we had such a great day out it is definitely worth a visit. Half term see’s fun activities for the kids to get stuck into as well.
- Ramp Rats – I discovered Ramp Rats a couple of months ago when Bella was invited to a party there. It’s an indoor skate park for younger children. Bella had so much fun I cant wait to take them all back with there scooters.
- Treasure Island – The Treasure Island show is on throughout half term at the Lighthouse in Poole staring some of the kids favourite Cebeebies stars. Definitely one the little ones will love.
Hope that has given you some ideas to keep you busy this half term, I know we will be!!