Monkey World

A few weeks back we were kindly sent a family pass for Monkey World the Ape rescue centre. This week we finally found the time to go and have a family afternoon out, we have been once before but at the time the children were a little to young for it however this time they were so excited to go and visit the monkeys!

For anyone who’s not heard of Monkey world it is is a 65 acre park in the Dorset countryside. It’s home to over 250 rescued monkeys and apes of 20 different species. Monkey World assists governments around the world to stop the smuggling of primates from the wild, at the Centre refugees of this illegal trade as well as those that have suffered abuse or neglect are rehabilitated into natural living groups.

We definitely chose the right time to go it was so quiet and although it was a little chilly there was still lots for us to do!
We spent a long time walking around or running in the children’s case and looking at all the different moneys, I never knew there were so many different species, they are so fascinating I could sit for hours – just watching them as they go about there day.
Alot of them seem to really enjoy the interaction with people and come rushing over to the fences or glass as soon as you walk over and start showing off.

Who knew a box was so entertaining?
Lunch time
Just hanging around

There are various little play areas dotted around the centre suitable for younger children and then theres the mahoosive great ape play area the picture doesn’t show just how big it is but its perfect for little monkeys to run riot and burn off that never ending energy! There are picnic benches everywhere so it would be lovely to come down in the summer for the day.

Great ape play area

Before we headed home we stopped off for a drink and cake in the cafe to warm up a little, there are a few at various places around the centre but in quiet times of year it’s just the main cafe that was open serving hot and cold food.

Latte and millionaires short bread was delicious!
We had a fantastic afternoon the kids really enjoyed it although we had lots of tears when we had to leave without a monkey that Maisy took a shine too (Ella).

“But she’s only a little one!” said Maisy.

1. November 29, 2014 / 9:23 am

We went on a super busy day and it was manic! Did the girls try the sand making activity? Mine lived that. The chimps were my favourite.

• December 7, 2014 / 8:07 am

noo! i must of missed that was so lovely and quiet though x

2. November 29, 2014 / 2:27 pm

What a great place to visit, I bet all the monkeys were funny. It looks like it’d be a good place for the girls to learn about all the different types of monkeys. That millionaire’s shortbread looks amazing. Thanks for linking up with Country Kids.

• December 7, 2014 / 8:07 am

they are zoo funny i could watch them all day x

3. November 29, 2014 / 9:28 pm

I love monkey world! I do miss living in Bournemouth and being so near it! Definitely going to be on the Agenda soon now the girls are bigger 🙂 #countrykids

• December 7, 2014 / 8:08 am

bournemouth is grey I’m a little biased having been here forever tho 😉

4. November 30, 2014 / 3:56 pm

I think my kids would love this! There are so many places to visit in that area, but this really sounds like such great fun #countrykids

5. November 30, 2014 / 9:11 pm

Ahhh, great post! Monkey World is one of my most favourite places in the world. I even considered getting married there (as they host wedding ceremonies). #SundayStars

Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx

• December 7, 2014 / 8:09 am

really Jenna why the hell didn’t you! that sounds awesome haha xx

6. November 30, 2014 / 9:51 pm

I’ve always fancied going to the one in Staffordshire, it looks like so much fun! Thanks for linking up with #sundaystars x

7. December 1, 2014 / 6:23 pm

I’ve just found your blog and I think it’s really inspiring, it will be an honor for me if you can visit mine too, and if you want to follow, it will be a pleasure to follow you back! 🙂 <3

Fashion gets Fierce.

8. December 5, 2014 / 12:11 am

This is one place I would love to visit, I remember watching the series on TV years ago! I know my kids would adore it as the monkeys are always a favourite whenever we go to any wildlife places.
    Thanks for linking up with #SundayStars x

• December 7, 2014 / 8:10 am

Bloggers day out to monkey world!!?