With Christmas done and dusted and us well into the new year many of us are feeling the pinch. January is always one hell of a long month with pay day feeling like it will never come.
I am sharing some ways to ease that strain this month and save some pennies.
- Firstly I am looking at ways to get a little of that money back, if your christmas was anything like mine then your home may be currently resembling a toy shop. Have a big old sort out of old toys looking for what the children may have out grown or no longer play with and pop them onto some local selling sites, eBay or Gumtree you are bound to make back a few quid.
- Think about what you really actually need, all the sales flying about at the moment it is tempting to get carried away but ask yourself do you really need it? Can it wait?
- There are of corse the essentials we all still need but make sure you check out Barginfox.co.uk for some great discount codes and vouchers.
- Save some pennies on your weekly food bill with meal planning, using up your left over and cooking from scratch – I wrote a more in depth post about saving money on the food shop you can check out here.
- Have some fun girlie nights in – save on going out and invite friends over for dinner or a DVD night!
I hope some of these ideas will help ease the strain this January I also have a great competition from BarginFox.co.uk to win a £150 TESCO gift card!