So today is the end of the first half term of big school for us! We are now in full swing of school life and I thought I would share some of the things I have learnt from our first half term of school..
- Your child will be absolutely shattered 95% of the time that they are actually with you, school is so different to nursery and it hits them like a ton of bricks.
- You will get over it – the first day you may weep a little but give it a week or two and you’ll soon be over it.
- Phonics is a mine-field, Maisy’s teaching me something new most day’s. Thank god for good phonics apps that are available is all I’m gonna say.
- Your kid is a lot cleverer and more independent than you ever gave them credit.
- The school gate politics is real, and it is best to keep out of it.
- Party invitations just keep on coming, it was exciting at first to know she was making friends but now I fear for my bank balance and ever having a free weekend again.
- After about a week you will face the gruelling task of trying to prise information from your child about what they have actually been doing all day when they answer with “nothing” again.
- The school run in pretty darn annoying – the novelty of it all soon wears off and it’s just pain in the arse, having to leave early enough to get a space is a daily struggle.
- Three children is actually easier than one – no I’m not barking mad but Lottie misses her sisters and demands my full attention when they aren’t here because she’s used to having someone else to play with, I can’t even do the dishes without her yapping at my ankles anymore.
- Non iron school uniform is a pile of CRAP – trust me I spend every morning ironing uniform.
- Everything the teacher say’s is right and everything I say is now wrong – ‘well Mrs T say’s we do it like this mummy” – oh does she now.
What has the first term taught you?