Avon Heath Country Park

Yesterday we went to Avon heath country park for a picnic and some fresh air. I haven’t been here since I was tiny, I vaguely remember coming on Sunday afternoon’s for a little play, I have photos of me somewhere about 4 years old with blonde pigtails climbing up the play equipment. It’s changed so much from what I remember but we had a great day as usual I was snapping away so wanted to share a few of the photos I took.

avon heath 7

avon heath 8

They have lots of different trails for children and adults, we took the blue trail which is less than a mile so perfect for little legs and went for some bug spotting. The girls loved spotting the big bug pictures in the trees and ticking them off as we went, the trail was just the right length for them.

avon heath 6

avon heath 9

avon heath 10

avon heath 4

We attempted at a family photo and this is the best we managed but it’s how my children at 90% of the time – unable to sit still!

avon heath 3

Avon heath 1

After our walk we had a picnic and the girls went off to explore the playground, it is geared more towards older children there wasn’t much for Lottie to do but she was quite happy pottering about picking up bits of bark.

avon heath 2No day out is complete with out ice-cream.

We had a really lovely day it’s always nice to try something new particularly when it’s really cheap (parking was just £3.70 for a whole day) and the sun was shining. We will definitely go back and try another trail.

1. August 1, 2015 / 6:55 am

I’ve a carpark pass now (£23 per yr) as we are there most weeks. There’s so much to do and lots of walks, I agree the park isn’t great for the littler ones but they have developed it loads over the passed few years. There’s some great activities over the summer and Dorset Wildlife are there on Tuesday’s doing free crafts. Cute pictures x
    Joanne recently posted…Emergency Car HamperMy Profile

• August 8, 2015 / 9:17 pm

I was really pleasantly surprised by it will defo be going there again and how cheap is that for a year so worth it if you go all the time! x
      Amy recently posted…My Week In Pictures #29My Profile

2. August 3, 2015 / 10:45 pm

It’s always fun to go out and discover things in nature. I love how the girls ticked off the big bug pictures. I know how hard it is to take a family photo. My baby moves so much.
    Who Let the Mum Out? recently posted…George at 10 monthsMy Profile

3. August 5, 2015 / 8:56 am

We love going to our local National Par which is 4 minutes from our home! The trails are fab and there is also an ice cream place…like yours! it looks like a great adventure you had. I love the family photo attempt! We always try too but my daughter does not always want to comply so we have to bribe her with mini rewards lol!

angela xx
    Angela at Daysinbed recently posted…Win a LuLu Teaching Wall ClockMy Profile

4. August 5, 2015 / 9:13 am

Lovely photos, I especially like the one of Lottie peeping through the window! It looks like a fab day, now if only we could get some nice weather here in Scotland 🙁 !
    Amy (Feeding Finn) recently posted…Healthy Spumoni Nice CreamMy Profile

5. August 5, 2015 / 11:23 am

What a great fun day yoy and you lovely daughters had! Some great captures here 🙂
    #KidsCorner
    Ann Winters recently posted…My Monday MakingMy Profile

6. August 5, 2015 / 4:25 pm

Gosh I’ve not been there for years and years …. is there a huge house somewhere on top of a hill? Or have I got the wrong place in mind?

Got to love a good day out for just the price of parking 🙂

7. August 5, 2015 / 7:20 pm

Lovely photos, going out for walks with the children are so beneficial to them and you! Worth every penny 🙂 #kidscorner

8. August 6, 2015 / 6:40 am

Ahh what lovely photos and what a lovely simple day out. Sometimes it’s not all about the big exciting stuff, it’s the little things like this that we sometimes take for granted! We sometimes think that we need to fill their lives with legoland’s when all they really want to do is bug hunt or feed the ducks! Lovely that they get to experience what you did as a young girl too 🙂 Thanks so much for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday
    Lisa (mummascribbles) recently posted…From angel to devil in seconds!My Profile

• August 8, 2015 / 9:18 pm

couldn’t agree more my girls love just hunting for sticks and pine cones xx
      Amy recently posted…My Week In Pictures #29My Profile

9. August 6, 2015 / 6:58 am

Such beautiful pictures! It looks like you had a lovely time! We don’t live very far from there, I think we may have to make a trip soon! #whereilive
    Claire recently posted…Make it Simple #6My Profile

10. August 6, 2015 / 9:55 am

Oh I haven’t been to Avon Heath Country park in years, we used to go lots as children and I just remember they had an amazing gift shop…do they still have a gift shop?! thats good news that parking is so cheap, makes for a good value day out when you take a picnic doesn’t it. Thanks for linking up to #LoveWhereILive xx
    Elaine @ Entertaining Elliot recently posted…Love Where I Live Linky #5 6th August 2015My Profile

• August 8, 2015 / 9:20 pm

hmm I don’t think they do you know they have an educational centre and you may be able to get the odd gift in there but I’m not 100% x
      Amy recently posted…My Week In Pictures #29My Profile