Do you ever just get that chocolate craving and can’t shake it? Me too. I had it last week and with no treats in the house I thought I know we can bake some brownies! Bit of fun for the kids and I and I will also get that tasty treat that I am craving. Unfortunately we came up against a hurdle straight away – no eggs! In usual circumstances I would head out to the shop and grab some but as were trying to minimise our trips out and in shops I decided lets just give it a go, throw in some alternatives and see what happens. That’s how I created this delicious egg-free chocolate brownie recipe.
This recipe was a little bit experimental but they tasted so good I thought I need to share as I am sure I am not the only one who running low on supplies at the moment! Also great if you or anyone you are catering for has an egg allergy!
Delicious Egg-Free Chocolate Brownie Recipe
200g Chocolate (a high quality dark chocolate will be best but I used used some milk chocolate we had in the cupboard and it worked fine!)
125g Plain Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
120g Caster Sugar
50g Cocoa Powder
100g Unsalted Butter
3 heaped tablespoons of plain yogurt
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 180°c/gas mark 4. Line a square/rectangle baking dish with a little butter and baking paper.
- Start by melting the butter in a saucepan, once melted add in your chopped up chocolate and stir until melted. (Smells like a dream).
- Stir in the caster sugar to the chocolatey mixture.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and cocoa powder.
- Pour in the chocolatey mix to your dry ingredients and fold in.
- Add vanilla extract, yogurt and if the mixture is a little dry the milk. I played by eye on this and added roughly 100ml to get the nice gooey brownie texture.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and pop in the oven. Mine took around 30 mins. If you prefer your brownies a little more fudgey I’d take them out after 25.
- Allow to cool before cutting and getting stuck in!
These did not last long in our household at all!