Father’s Day is very almost upon us! Is it just me or does it feel like there is always a birthday/event going on. Just when I recover from one another pops up!
Father’s Day is a funny one for me I have my own dad to buy for and I also have the girls dad to buy for. They forget to mention you’ll be out of pocket twice when you have children.
Obviously I am not with the girls dad any more but we do keep things as normal as possible for the kids and get them a little something which they can give to us.
It all can add up though and get a little expensive so here are some savvy little gift idea this Father’s Day:
- Make a gift; do you have some keen little crafters? They could make dad a gift, something he can keep and treasure for ever. Or for as long as the PVA holds out.
- Customise; you could pick up a cheap plain mug or photo frame and let the kids customise to their hearts content. Have you seen the great idea’s on Pinterest for Sharpie mugs – they look amazing!
- Get the codes; the amount of people that just buy online without taking two seconds to search for a code astounds me. My favourite site is MyVoucherCodes.co.uk they can save you so much money in jus a couple of click. They have a ton of codes online at the moment specifically for Fathers Day don’t let them go to waste.
- Homemade cards; to me not only does it save a few quid they also mean so much more. Pull out the stickers and the crayons and give the kids a fun afternoon of craft.
- Bake it; if your crafting is no good then how about baking? Cake’s aren’t just for birthday’s and I am sure it will put a smile on dad’s face.
I hope this has given you some inspiration for gift idea’s that don’t cost the earth this Father’s Day.