We’ve been back in the kitchen again getting our bake on! These muffins turned out so much better than I had even hoped that after a couple of requests I am sharing a recipe for these delicious lemon & white chocolate muffins.
- 250g Self-Raising Flour
- 125 g Caster Sugar
- 250ml Milk
- 1 egg
- 75g Unsalted Butter – Melted
- 1/4 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tbsp Bicarbonate Soda
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- 6tbsp Lemon Juice
- 300g White Chocolate
- Pre heat your oven to gas mark 6 or 200°c. Line a muffin tin with cake cases.
- In a large mixing bowl combine your flour, sugar, baking powder & bicarbonate soda – give it a good mix.
- In a separate bowl add the melted butter, lemon vest and juice. Crack in the egg and whisk!
- Gradually add in 200ml of your milk continuing to whisk.
- Bring back your bowl of dry ingredients, make a little well in the middle.
- Pour half of your lemony mixture in and fold it together.
- Add the rest of your mixture and continue to fold until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add in a little more milk if needed.
- Now time to spoon your mixture into the cases. I wanted mine to have a chocolatey centre so I filled my case half way added in a chunk or two of white chocolate and spooned a little more mixture on top until they were roughly 3/4’s full.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and slightly bouncy to touch.
- Allow to cool before you tuck in!
If you would like to watch Lottie and I getting stuck into this recipe you can below they really were delicious.