Fussy Eaters…. Hands up, who’s got one?
I have at one point or another had three! I really believe that most (I say most because you get the odd few that just stun us all) children go through a fussy stage. All three of my daughters certainly have; Maisy was for sure the worst she went through a stage of eating only carrots. Bella went through a I’m not eating any veg stage and Lottie has always just been a little bit picky.
It can be a really stressful time, when your child isn’t eating the foods you know they should be you kind of feel like a failure. I promise you you’re not! Kids are just little buggers that love to push the boundaries and being picky with their foods is just another way they like to try it.
Here are my Mum Hacks for dealing with those Fussy eaters:
- Don’t panic they will get over it!
- Don’t change your cooking habits – cook the same foods you always did
- Get kids involved with either the cooking or choosing of foods.
- Eat together – good food habits are learnt let them see you eating well.
- Build on the things they do like e.g. adding veg into mash or some fruit to their favourite yogurts.
- Use rewards – offering pudding if they try something new or eat a certain amount but you must be consistent with this one!
- Be sneaky! If you have to be try hiding veg into foods I have some great recipes for a hidden vegetable pasta sauce and hidden vegetable burgers that worked so well for my daughters!
If you want to watch the full video of my tips for dealing with fussy eaters you can watch it below. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel if you haven’t already.
You can also find a bunch of other great content on fussy eating on Channel Mum.