The journey of parenthood is a little nuts too say the least once you think you’ve got it down to a tee and a routine well and truly in place BAM! They’ll throw you a curve ball and it’ll all go down the pan, there aren’t many things you can guarantee will happen when becoming a parent but I have a few I would put money on have happened to you at least once!
- You’ll eat your kids left over’s and call it lunch – I always forget to feed myself how bad is that but lets face it they have about one or two bites and then claim they hate it anyways better than wasting it!
- You’ll worry – a lot about everything
- Jam in the hair – might be your hair might be their’s but you can bet it’ll happen to someone.
- Raisin’s will drive you mental, little buggers seem to get everywhere but they’re so god damn convenient that you just can’t stop buying them.
- You’ll meet THAT mum at least once, you know the ones you hear about that know it all and child can speak latin at a year old (yes her)
- Kid’s will wake before the birds – unless it’s a school day or a day you need to get up at 6am then of corse they’ll sleep in till 8.
- You will do the school run on with your T-shirt on back to front – just me?
- You’ll fall in love with disney all over again – You can try and resist but it’ll happen one day you will find yourself singing in the car to lion king – kids aren’t even with you and the person pulled up next to you is giving you the strangest look as you bellow out ‘Just can’t want to be king’ but you can’t help your self.
- A lot of time will be spent removing stickers from walls and furniture – it kept them quiet for 10 mins seemed worth it at the time.
- You will discover the hard way that play doh and carpet doesn’t mix.
- IF (big IF) you ever find the bottom of your laundry basket you will do a little victory dance – sorry to burst your bubble but it’ll be full again within the hour but you know it happened so thats all that matters.
- You’ll have a go at sensory play and immediately regret it – I’m still finding rice 3 weeks after the last time – don’t tell you that on pintrest do they!!
- Baby wipes will be your best friend – you will wander how you ever survived without them in the past and never leave the house without them again.
- The word mess will take on a whole new meaning – If you are not a parent you have no idea what your in for toddlers have a special power which allows them to turn a room upside down in 3 minutes.
- You’ll go to a public toilet and just forget to close the door – its a rare luxury now to pee without an audience (don’t worry I realised before it was too late!)
- You’ll laugh when your kid does something they shouldn’t – you know when they walk in the room with a face full of your make up they’ve been ‘playing’ with or they cover their poor baby sister in sudocreme – you know you shouldn’t but it’s fricking hilarious.
- You’ll take photo’s and be planning how to use them as revenge when they turn 18! – bit like the one above!
- You will find your self asking some very odd questions –
Did you just put that raisin up your nose?
Can you stop eating paper?
Why are you taking a mango to nursery?
So have you done all these things? let me know if you have any more to add in the comment’s!