Me time, mummy time, peace quiet relaxation. I’ve got to admit I’m a bit rubbish at this i feel so guilty if I go off and do something with out the kids. Since Lottie was born nearly 23 weeks ago I have barely had and hour to myself, she’s breastfeeding and refuses any kids of bottle so is literally my little shadow comes everywhere with me, and while this is lovely after over 5 months I’m starting to miss having some time to myself. Before she was born I used to go to the gym a couple times a week it made me feel so much better about myself I had more energy felt more focused. In my recent post motivation I gave a list of all the things I am trying to do to get my self back on track and feeling good. ‘Me time’ was one of them, and one of the ones I knew I would struggle with, I’ve been thinking about the different things i can do that are just for me and i enjoy :
- Nice long soak in the tub, I had a lovely bath the other night no interruptions no kids talking to me or sat on the toilet while I try and relax, this was the first bath I’d had in forever.
I went in lush that day and decided to treat myself to some new bath bombs, when ever I walk past it smells sooo good I figure if I get some cool bits i’ll be more likely to make it a regular thing.
- Mini pamper evening, face mask, give yourself a manicure and pedicure you’ll feel a million bucks!
- Go out with friends, nothing can beat a girls lunch or an evening out when ever I’m with my friends we just laugh so much I can go back to being mummy after feeling great.
- Get some exercise, go for a run, join a class, I really want to start yoga especially after reading honest mums post on yoga. Sounds like exactly what I need.
- Read a good book/watch a film, some love to read some prefer a film I enjoy both just sitting for an hour with a cuppa and a good book is so relaxing same with getting some snacks and having a film night with the Mr.
The main things is though to just spend a bit of time to yourself doing something you love, not the housework though if you enjoy this your just making the rest of us look bad so stop it – step away from the duster!
Now its all well and good to have the ideas of what I can do to relax and have some me time but actually getting round to it is a different matter something else always seems so much more important but that ironing can wait (I never iron unless its extreme creases and I cant get the Mr to do it for me) I’ve started scheduling my me time making plans well in advance and putting aside a night or 2 a week to pamper myself so far I’m feeling good and the fact my nails are not chipped like they usually are is just an added bonus!
what do you like to do for some me time? love to hear and get some more ideas!