So you’re pregnant trying to find the bits you need for you’re new arrival different brands claiming to do all sorts. That baby aisle can be a bit daunting everyone wants the best for their baby so I thought I’d share my tried and tested top baby buys with you.
- Oilatum all my children have had sensitive skin and other products that claim to be gentle will still flare them up, I was prescribed this product by the doctor when my eldest had very dry skin and have used it ever since. I use other products but always seem to come back to this one. I don’t like using to many products on a new babies skin so for the first 4 weeks I just bathed her in warm water after that I started adding a cap full into her bath.
- Sudocrem or magic cream as we call it. This stuff is really great not just for keeping nappy rash at bay but I use it on everything. I once burnt my finger on the toaster, “quick grab the sudocrem”, “I’ve got a spot! grab the sudocrem” it really is magic. And you only need a small amount so its great value for money.
- Muslin cloths I found these essential new babies tend to spit up a lot so having muslins to hand all the time are great. I also like to use them when I’m breast feeding in public, not that anyone should feel they have to cover up but I prefer to be discreet. They are also really great to use with a cleanser so take you’re make up off as their a little rough they gently exfoliate. Who knew how multi functional a little cloth could be!
- Lanolin by Lansinoh Any new breast feeding mums best friend. Yes, boobie cream. This stuff is the best, even when you have a perfect latch breast feeding can still be pretty sore the first few days putting a little of this on before and after each feed definitely helps. It seems pretty expensive at around £10 for a small tube but you need so little it lasts a really long time. Its the only product I’ve found to work and you don’t need to take it off when you feed either as its 100% natural.
- Baby grows with scratch mitts built in. Scratch mitts do NOT stay in same as little socks and booties you will spend half you day putting them back on. There are baby grows now you can get that have them built in so you just fold the cuff over babies hand. There little nails can be very sharp so this will stop them scratching not only themselves but you as well.
- Lastly is a random one but we all want clean clothes and god knows babies get through a LOT of clothes. Persil’s small and mighty non bio I mentioned above about my girls sensitive skin. This stuff it great gentle on there skin but removes stains really well, what more could you want! You can also use it as a pre-treater with the erase ball although I’ve not done this who has time for that!
So there you have it my top baby products, I have tried out lots of different products since having my first baby three and a half years ago(yikes) but these products are ones I come back to again and again for their sensitive skin.
would love to hear you’re baby must haves? I love trying out new products!