Do you ever get those little after dinner sweet tooth cravings? Those craving’s that you just can’t shift and often ends in a trip to the local shop for something chocolatey? Me too. I have the perfect Microwave Mug Cake Recipe that’ll save you every single time. The best part, it’s ready in less than 5 minutes and made with few ingredients you’ll always have in the cupboards.
This recipe is made even more special with the use of Ciao Gusto’s Novi Nocciolato Fine Milk with Whole Hazelnuts.
Ingredients for Microwave Mug Cake (serves 1)
4 tbsp self-raising flour
3 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
4 tbsp milk
3 tbsp cooking oil
A couple of squares of your favourite chocolate (I’m using Novi Nocciolato Fine Milk with Whole Hazelnuts)
How to make Microwave Mug Cake
- Firstly add your self-raising flour, caster sugar and cocoa powder to a large mug and combine.
- Crack in your egg and mix as much as you can, it will still be quite a dry mixture. (tip: use a fork to get those lumps out)
- Add your milk and cooking oil and beat until you have a nice smooth mixture. Your mug should only be about half full it will rise ALOT.
- Pop in your chocolate Novi Nocciolato is perfect because it just adds a little more to the mug cake with the hazelnuts but any chocolate will work.
- Microwave on full power for roughly 2 minutes or when the cake has risen and is firm to touch.
Delicious, the melted chocolate and chunks of whole hazelnut’s really take this mug cake to a new level.
Picking up all your favourite authentic Italian food and drink has never been easier with the Ciao Gusto Italian Deli at Ocado.
This post has been sponsored by Ciao Gusto.