Maisy Turns 8

I officially have an 8 year old daughter! That sentence is quite scary to type out loud it makes me feel ever so old. In fact I have a 8 year and 2 week year old because I am ridiculously late in writing this post, I didn’t want it to pass by completely unmentioned though. The truth is this time of year is so busy getting online at the moment seems impossible.

But alas here I am tapping away during my lunch break to talk about my big girls special day!

It was a great day for us all; for starters she actually slept in for the first time probably ever – wow.
Maisy has always been a big fan of 5am only ever choosing to sleep in on days that are acceptable for an early start, first day back at school or Christmas Day for example.

The day began with Sausage sandwiches (at Maisy’s request) and present opening – yay. Lottie of corse was in there ‘helping’ I think she gets more excited about her sisters birthday’s than she does her own but the girls all love getting involved together.
The biggest hit was a DIY slime kit I found on Amazon, the girls had it straight out and even two weeks on they’re still playing with it daily after school. If you are after a last minute xmas pressie and you have children of similar age then I would highly recommend!

Before we knew it, it was time for the party. The best thing about having your birthday on the weekend is no school just partying it up with all your friends (according to Maisy) and we did just that.

This year we decided on a party at Pizza Express. A little different to the disco’s or bouncy castles we usually go for but it was great! I barely had to lift a finger. On arrival the kids had activity sheets before tucking into some dough balls and dip. Then we moved over to the pizza making stations, Maisy and her friends learnt how to create the perfect pizza before tucking into them. They had so much fun with it, the guys who hosted the party were great, the kids were entertained and all had a great time.

Pizza express was a great option for a birthday party, it worked out such great value for money at just £12 a head. Everyone really enjoyed it and lots of the parents commented on how great it was too. You can find out more about pizza express parties here.

After the party the girls went back to their dads for more presents and to see that side of their family. We try to keep everything as even and amicable as possible when it comes to co-parenting on special occasions. We do our best to get on really well and even do birthday parties together still. Some might find that bit odd but it’s so much nicer for the girls to have us both there and it means no-one is missing out.

8 years of being a parent has taught me an awful lot, I have learnt how to love unconditionally and how to truly put what’s best for my children before my own wants, needs and feelings it’s been the most wonderful journey.

Happy Eighth Birthday to my gorgeous girl!

1. December 19, 2018 / 7:02 pm

Aww. Happy birthday to her! They grow up so fast. You blink, and they’re all grown up!

2. December 20, 2018 / 2:08 am

Happy birthday! Having an 8 year old is fun. They can hold intelligent conversations and they still love their mommas!

3. December 20, 2018 / 7:14 am

Aw, happy birthday to your big girl! My oldest is 11, and every time I have ti up that number with another birthday, I feel older and older. She assures me I’m still a cool mom, though.

4. December 20, 2018 / 2:01 pm

Happy Birthday! It looks like she had fun celebrating!

5. December 20, 2018 / 4:52 pm

Eight is great! What a fun birthday celebration; my girls would love this!

6. December 20, 2018 / 8:13 pm

Happy birthday! Looks like everyone had a ton of fun! Also congrats on finding a gift that they’re enjoying even weeks afterwards! I swear my little one’s more interested in the boxes her toys have came in than the toys lol

7. December 20, 2018 / 9:59 pm

happy 8th birthday to Maisy! She’s such a a pretty girl and yes, pizza express birthday parties are so good

8. December 20, 2018 / 10:05 pm

I was wondering where to head to for my kid’s party, and this sounds like a fabulous idea! Thanks for the share

9. December 20, 2018 / 10:08 pm

what a fun celebration! happy belated birthday little one!

10. December 21, 2018 / 12:10 am

Happy bday to your girl… Pizza making is a perfect idea for a party (why haven’t I thought of that?!) I love Amazon too, I do a lot of shopping on there because you can find great deals.
    glad it went well!

11. December 21, 2018 / 2:28 am

How sweet is this! It looks like she had a great day and time!

12. Catherine Santiago Jose
    December 21, 2018 / 2:40 am

First of all, a Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter. I believe she is having a blast on this special day as seen it on her eyes and smile.

13. Shar
    December 21, 2018 / 5:01 am

Aw happy birthday to her! She us so beautiful:) It really is crazy how fast our little ones grow up!

14. sara lafountain
    December 21, 2018 / 1:12 pm

Happy birthday Maisy! What a lovely birthday party you had. Blink your eyes and Maisy will be off to college 🙂

15. Chastity
    December 21, 2018 / 4:05 pm

She looks fabulous on her birthday. Kids enjoy the experience for sure. You’re doing an awesome job, mom.

16. December 22, 2018 / 12:03 am

Happy Birthday! It looks like she had a special day with friends. I have many great memories of birthdays as a kid