Halloween is almost upon us and I have been coming up with some spooky snack ideas for the kids and just had to share these Halloween monster burgers with you guys!
They were so easy to make and look great. The girls loved them and I think they are the perfect halloween party food.
This is the super easy burger recipe I use to make my burgers. Of corse these could be substituted for veggie burgers if you wanted too.
Homemade burger recipe
500g lean beef mince
1 small onion (diced small)
- Combine beef mince, the diced onion and your egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Divide your mixture into 4 or 6 depending how big you want your burgers. Use your hands and create a burger shape.
(tip: put your burgers in the fridge for 30mins to let them firm up before cooking)
- Put your burgers on a griddle pan and cook under a medium heat grill for 10-12 minutes turning half way (or until cooked through).
- Take your cheese slices and give them a jagged tooth edge. Once your burger is cooked place the cheese on and return to the grill for a minute – don’t let the cheese over melt.
- Cover the bottom of your burger bun with ketchup to look like dripping blood.
- Cut two slits in the top of your bun to rest the tomatoes in. (You can use cocktail sticks if preferred).
And there you have it spooky Halloween Monster Burgers; really easy to make and really effective as a halloween treat.
For some more halloween snack inspiration check out this video!
If you want to see some great ideas for Halloween activities for toddlers check out this post.