I love to bake with the girls; I have done since they were really young. It seems like so long ago now that we made these delicious tripe chocolate muffins, I am finally getting round to sharing this super simple recipe with you! We also filmed the recipe so check out the video at the end of the post..
150g Dark Chocolate (melted)
60g Cocoa Powder
250g Self Raising Flour
100g Light Soft Brown Sugar
100ml Vegetable Oil
1 tbsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
150g White Chocolate (roughly chopped)
150g Milk Chocolate (roughly chopped)
- Pre heat your oven to 180°c/gas mark 4 and line a muffin tin with cases.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Add baking powder and brown sugar, give it a good sir and set to one side.
- In another bowl; pour milk and crack in the eggs. Give it a good whisk.
- Add oil and vanilla extract to the milky mixture and give it a mix (it does look rank don’t worry).
- Bring back your bowl of dry ingredients, gradually add the wet mixture and fold in.
- Once combined pour in your melted dark chocolate and chunks of chocolate. Mix, mix, mix!
- Fill cake cases roughly 3/4 of the way with the mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before you tuck in!
Delicious and perfectly gooey muffins every time. I love this recipe especially now the girls can get on with it with minimal supervision.