The easiest Play dough recipe you will ever find! This is super quick and easy to make and will give your little ones hours and hours of fun!
Ingredients – (makes 1 ball of play dough)
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1/4 cup of table salt
- 1/2 cup of hot water (careful if kids are helping you with this bit)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Food colouring of your choice
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the food colouring to your hot water – you’ll need to use a fair bit to get a vibrant colour. I find gel colours give such a better colour.
- Carefully pour the coloured water into the dry ingredients.
- Add the oil and mix.
- Once cool enough use your hands and turn out on to a clean work surface.
- Knead Knead Knead – the longer you knead the smoother the play dough will become.
Your play dough is then ready to play with, I like to store mine in sandwich bags inside an air tight container. This ensures it lasts as long as possible.