I may have already mentioned this once or twice (ok I don’t shut up about it) but my biggest girl will be starting school in September. That’s right proper big school and I am a mixture of excited for her, nervous for her and a little bit extremely devastated she’s all grown up but sensible heads on I am putting together a checklist for all the bits Maisy is going to need come September to embark on her new adventure..
- Uniform – so an obvious one they of corse need uniform but where to buy it from is the question – so far I have got some T-shirts from Asda and I bought a couple of dresses but I am not overly impressed with them they feel bit thin they will be properly put to the test after a few washes. I also have some bits from Peacocks which feel a great quality and were still very reasonably priced. The rest of the bits will come from the uniform shop to have the logo on!
- Lunch box/bag this depends on whether you are getting school dinners or taking a packed lunch, Maisy’s certain she wants to take a packed lunch it’s really exciting for her so we have a new lunch bag from Ulster Weaver, I also have a competition running at the moment for them so check that out here.
- This Snacky Wonder from JML has been great for kids recently really good size non spill drink cup that has a big snack pot in the top so ideal for on the run and also for school with a little snack in there for break time.
- First day at school book I love this a sweet little personalised story book for the kids this will be ideal for those who are a little nervous about starting school, you can also include a personalised message on the inside so makes a lovely keepsake.
- Stationary is always needed post it notes are for us mum’s I have a ton of dates for meet the teacher/settling in/start dates blah blah so I’m sticking notes all over my fridge! Also who doesn’t need a minion USB in their life I definitely do really great for older children as well.
- Labels labels labels – if there one thing I have learnt through nursery life that is to label everything! Petit Fernand have an amazing range of labels for all sorts – iron on, stick on, ones to go in shoes they have all bases covered and they are really cute as well you can choose a little logo and the colour you like to make them perfect for your child – really impressed by these, I’ll be running a competition for Petit Fernand in the next few days so keep your eyes peeled for that one.
Hope my little checklist has helped if you have a little one starting school soon, what would your essentials be?
Disclaimer: I was sent the above products to review before I chose to include them in my guide, all opinions are my own.