I posted last week about my one year blogavirsary I still can’t quite believe that it has been a whole year since I began this journey along the way I have learnt so much and I wanted to share a few of my top tips with you all so anyone who’s new to blogging or is thinking about starting a blog can have a little kick-start.
- Social media is so so so important for your blog, I use Facebook, instagram, twitter and pinterest the most get on them all, you don’t need to be on them all all day long but be present, share your blog post and..
- Interact whether that’s on social media as mentioned above or by replying to your comments. Interaction in the blogging community is so important get your name out there, not only will it help people to find your blog but there is also so many lovely people in the blogging world I have made so many great friends whom I talk to daily just from starting this blog.
- Comment comment comment! I noticed a huge difference in my own traffic and the amount of comments I was receiving when I started taking a lot more time to comment on other blogs. Joining in with linky’s is also a great way to increase comments but play the game, comment on others post as well nobody likes a link dumper.
- Take lots of photo’s; I take tonnes of photos, I’m forever snapping away luckily my girls aren’t at the age where they mind it yet I’m sure the day will come but for now they are happy to pose away. If you take loads of photos the chances are you’ll get some great shots to use on your blog and social media – good photography is a big thing. You don’t need a big expensive camera either up until last month every photo I used came from my iPhone.
- Spend some time on your design, I like simple but professional looking blogs my first few months as a blogger my blog looked terrible I have since gone self hosted and had my blog redesigned – for me it was money well spent but if you’re a whizz at that kind of thing canva and pic monkey are great from making your own headers.
- Keep it real, write about what you like to write about don’t think you need to do something because everyone else is, you won’t enjoy it and why would someone enjoy reading it if you didn’t like writing it?? Have fun with it, it is your space to write about what ever you love.
- Don’t compare, this is so much easier said then done it is easy to get caught up in who’s getting what views and has how many followers but don’t, it will just give you a head ache everyone has their own way of doing things so concentrate on what you are doing and what you would like to achieve.
I could sit and go on and on all day long I am so passionate about blogging and grateful for all the great things it has bought me.
What do you love most about blogging and if you don’t blog have you thought about it?