This weekend me and Maisy got up to a little bit of baking we had a few banana’s that were on their last legs so the plan was to make some banana muffins two problems though we didn’t have enough butter and I had run out of muffin cases FAIL!
So after a quick google search I found a banana loaf recipe using rapeseed oil instead we have a load of this so went for it! It actually turned out bloody delicious previous banana loaves I’ve cooked can be a little dry but this was lovely and moist best of all it’s actually healthy as well!
So I am sharing the recipe with you all the one I found online was from Scottish Rapeseed Oil but I did change it up a little to make it healthier.
100g Plain Wholemeal Flour
75g Self-raising Gluten Free Flour
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
2 tsps Baking Powder
125ml Cold-Pressed Rapeseed Oil
100g Caster Sugar
2 tbsps Honey
2 Large Eggs (beaten)
3 Bananas (mashed)
1 tsp Vinilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 170c grease and line a loaf tin or in my case we used a giant silicon muffin mould (as you do)
- Sieve flour(s), baking powder, bicarb of soda. into a bowl and mix together.
- In another large bowl combine the rapeseed oil and sugar beat until blended.
- Add to this the beaten eggs, mashed banana’s, honey and vanilla extract stir well.
- Add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture one tablespoon at a time throughly mixing each time.
- Pour into tour tin and bake for an hour pierce with a skewer on knife if it comes out clean its done if not give it another 10 minutes.
Now the hard part leave it to cool before you tuck in!