I don’t know about you but for me the cold weather sets in and boom my skin goes instantly dry and seriously sensitive I’ve been prone to eczema since I was a child and hoped it would be something I would grow out of like most do but no; I still suffer and the smallest of things seem to set it off for instance a change in hand soap or too much softner – even the sensitive ones!
My children seem to of inherited my rather sensitive skin and in winter also get the odd patch of eczema, as I know first hand it can be seriously irritating and sometimes rather sore I have been searching since – well pretty much since they were born to find a product that doesn’t irritate the skin but still gets them nice and clean in the bath!
So when I was sent some samples from Aveeno’s skin care range to try out I jumped at the chance.
I was sent the Aveeno lotion, oil and cream along with some leaflets and a brilliant children’s book The Dry-venture of Ellie & Eddie. The book is a fun way of getting children to understand about their dry skin, what can cause it and support parents in making the creaming ritual more fun for your kids.
You can download the book for free at http://www.aveeno.co.uk/childrens-dry-skin
So what did we think of the products?
- I really like using the lotion myself it’s thick, yet sinks in quickly so there is no greasy residue left on the skin.
- The lotion keeps my skin feeling moisturised and hydrated all day.
- The kids have been using the oil in the bath and it’s not irritated their skin at all, even my 10 month old.
- Since using a thin layer of the cream on my daughter’s daily for 2 weeks the dry skin on my eldest’s arms has completely cleared up.
- There is no smell to it at all, I do like a nice scented moisturiser however the fragrance is probably what had been effecting my skin in the past.
- Drink Plenty of water. You need to protect the skin from the inside as well!
- Mostrise EVERYDAY, this sounds like a chore but once its part of your daily routine it takes 2 minutes!
- Avoid using too many strongly fragranced products, yes they smell delicious but if your skins sensitive – steer clear.