This week marks 4 years since I became a parent I thought it was time to share 5 things I have learnt since becoming a mummy for the first time.
- How to enjoy a cold cuppa, BC (before children) like most I liked to drink my tea hot or at the least warm nowadays I have learnt to accept that is a rare honour and cold is how it will have to do 98% of the time. Lets face it as a parent you have to take caffeine how ever it comes.
- How to breast feed, colour a picture and do a puzzle all at the same time whilst on the phone – Taking multi tasking to a new level.
- The true meaning of being exhausted, you’ve been up all night with a new born – your two toddlers do not, I repeat DO NOT care they still want to throw breakfast on the floor and be taken to the park, yes its raining and you’ve forgotten which day of the week it is, no they still don’t care.
- How to share, not by the usual rules no by toddler rules. Which are as follows: If its theirs – its theirs,If its yours – its theirs,If they can see it – its theirs,If they can touch it – its theirs,If they want it – its theirs.
- The language of child, Toddler should be an official language I have now mastered it, it only took 4 years but I got there in the end. I do get the odd strange look when I offer guests a ickle drinky and a scrummy bikit.
Its not all bad though I have also learned how to laugh, have fun and love more than ever had before and that makes my new life lessons all worth while!
What have your children taught you?