Last week I made these really simple fruity buns, they were really quick to make and use simple ingredients your bound to have lurking in the cupboards so I thought I’d share the recipe.
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 225g self raising flour
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 50g jam (any flavour)
- Firstly you’ll need to grease and line a baking tray.
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl, cut the butter into small chunks and add to the flour.
- Using fingers, rub the butter into the flour until it looks like bread crumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Separately whisk the egg and add the milk to it, then stir them into the mixture in the bowl.
- Sprinkle your work surface with some flour; Work the mixture into a ball and put it on the surface.
- Cut the ball in half then each half into three then each section in half, so you have 12 evenly sized pieces.
- Shape them into a rounded shape and make a small dent in the top of each one, fill the dents with a teaspoon of jam.
- Bake the buns at 200°C for roughly 10 minuets, they’ll rise an turn golden brown.
- Leave them to cool and enjoy!