Maisy starts school

It’s happened!!! The day you think about from the day they are born but never really think will come, my biggest princess has now started school EEEK!

The past few week’s have been a mixture of emotions for me I am used to her going off in her little uniform each morning because last year she was at the schools nursery but knowing now that I can’t just take her out for the day to go to peppa pig world or where ever we fancy is a strange feeling. That’s it now she has so be in school come rain or shine everyday (minus the holidays) until she’s 18  it’s such a scary thought.

Yesterday wasn’t really an emotional day for us, she was so happy and so excited to be in her big girls class room and see all of her friends how could it be. She’d been counting down the days and was dressed and ready a full half hour before we were due to leave, I haven’t seen her so excited for a long time.

I feel a bit guilty for not getting overly emotional about her going off to ‘big school’ you hear of these parent’s in floods of tears but her cheeky little smile was infectious she skipped on in and settled down straight away.

It was only a half day so 3 hours later out she ran on out with a sticker for helping to do ‘beautiful tidying’ in her words – if only it was the same at home. We all headed straight to the beach from school for a picnic and ice-cream as a special treat and Maisy told me all about her day, drawing a picture for her peg and playing football where she scored 31 goals (possibly a slight exaggeration on that one).  She had a great day and couldn’t wait to go back again this morning.

My little girl is all grown up it doesn’t seem possible that this was her almost 4 years ago to the day same pretty smile though.

first day

When Maisy was born I didn’t realise I could love something so much she has taught me so much over the years but now it’s her turn to do the learning I will miss her being at home with me but it’s her time, she’s so ready and I can’t wait to watch her blossom – love you so much my beautiful, clever grown up girly.
Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

1. September 8, 2015 / 7:56 pm

Oh she looks so cute and grown up! It sounds like she had a great first day at school, and what a great treat to have afterwards! That top photo is hilarious! xx

• September 13, 2015 / 8:36 pm

Thanks yes she loved it, I know cheeky little thing!

• September 13, 2015 / 8:36 pm

thankyou x

• September 13, 2015 / 8:34 pm

scary fast I think its because once you have children your so busy looking after them that time she goes right out the window

2. September 9, 2015 / 10:25 am

Aw it’s great she was looking forward to it and that she had a good first day! Gorgeous photos of her and I love the first one! x #KidsCorner
    Emma’s Mamma recently posted…Why I love my post pregnancy bodyMy Profile

• September 13, 2015 / 8:32 pm

Thanks hun x

• September 13, 2015 / 8:30 pm

I know big girl now!x

3. September 9, 2015 / 6:31 pm

Oh Amy! What a sweet post, and how cute she looks! Bless. SO glad it went well. Good to hear. Jess xx #kidscorner

• September 13, 2015 / 8:29 pm

Thanks lovely x

4. September 9, 2015 / 10:25 pm

Oh she looks so cute and cheeky!! It’s so hard to believe they’re big enough to start school but then a term later and you can’t believe it was only a term since they were in nursery! Our youngest started this week too. A BIG milestone for all sorts of reasons. He’s done better than me so far!
    International Elf Service recently posted…His Boy Drowned.My Profile

• September 13, 2015 / 8:29 pm

Aww bless glad he’s doing well it is such a big milestone x

5. September 9, 2015 / 10:32 pm

Oh what a beautiful ‘big’ girl – she looks very grown up in her uniform – adorable! Aww I bet you were so proud of her too, especially for the tidying ha! Mim x #brilliantblogposts
    Mim recently posted…Weight Loss Wednesday – Week 9 & 10My Profile

• September 13, 2015 / 8:28 pm

I was she’s such a lovely little girl can’t wait to see hoe she comes on over the next year x

6. September 9, 2015 / 11:12 pm

One minute they are a baby, next they are at school. Where do the years go?

Thanks for sharing.

John

• September 13, 2015 / 8:28 pm

I know it has gone by so quickly I know people say that all the time but it is quite shocking isn’t it

• September 13, 2015 / 8:27 pm

Thanks lovely x

• September 13, 2015 / 8:25 pm

Thankyou, she really has she was so ready for school bless her

7. September 10, 2015 / 10:23 pm

Mine started school this year too. It seems amazing that they’re already at school. Glad she’s loving it. I was the same as you – not as emotional as the others, helped by him having been in nursery for years.
    Emma T recently posted…Introducing children to sports – a tennis open dayMy Profile

• September 13, 2015 / 8:24 pm

Definitely helps doesn’t it, Maisy was used to wearing the uniform and seeing her friends she was so excited!

8. September 13, 2015 / 9:16 am

I’m glad her first day went well. It is a strange thing for us parents to get use to too isn’t it? We are now tied to school term dates! It took a while for me to get used to the fact that I didn’t know what my boy was doing all day when he started school last year but they really do enjoy it and learn so much. #brilliantblogposts

• September 13, 2015 / 8:17 pm

Thankyou I know its so strange I feel really bad about planning days out and things with my younger two feeling like she’ll miss out but what can you do she’s got to be there now!

9. September 13, 2015 / 3:08 pm

Aww she looks so cute ready for school. It’s amazing how quickly the time passes.

• September 13, 2015 / 8:16 pm

Thank you I know it really is scary x

10. September 13, 2015 / 4:53 pm

Bless her, she looks so cute in her uniform. Lots of little people starting school this week. I was one of those emotional parents but then I cry at absolutely everything. 😉 x

• September 13, 2015 / 8:16 pm

Aww I think it was just she was so ready for it and had all her little friends from nursery their already with her I cried when she started the nursery lat year so got it out of the way then! x

11. September 13, 2015 / 6:58 pm

Aw bless her, so glad she is enjoying school, its so lovely when they settle well it puts your mind and rest and you feel confident they are going to be okay. She looks ever so cute in her uniform. Bless her xx

12. September 16, 2015 / 8:35 pm

She looks so grown up, I love the first photo. my middle one started school last week and she was so ready too, it was strange for me but she wanted to be there, I think I will be emotional when its the littlest one going though. x
    Caroline recently posted…My Siblings in SeptemberMy Profile