A new dolls house

Last week we were very lucky and sent the beautiful butterbee cottage dolls house for the girls to review I was so excited about this, I have been toying with the idea of picking them one up as a treat recently so it was perfect timing.

They love using their sometimes rather wild imaginations to come up with little games together so it makes a perfect toy for them and not only that – it looks beautiful this is one toy I don’t mind sitting in my lounge.IMG_3397

So it arrived flat pack as these things tend to do and once the girls were in bed I set to work. The instructions had clear pictures but no words still easy enough to follow and single handedly I had it up within an hour (who needs a man HA!)IMG_3404

As you can see it really is beautifully made I love all the detail that has gone into it with the window shutters and even little curtains!

The girls came down stairs the next morning to a big surprise, they were instantly in love with their new toy and have been obsessed with it ever since.

The house is split over three floors giving them plenty of room to all get stuck in and play it’s really sturdy as well which is exactly what we need with my rather heavy handed children!

We chose 2 furniture sets to come with the house, the kitchen set and the children’s bedroom – they are the perfect sizes for the house I was worried they might be bit small get easily lost and the house would look empty but they are fab again really nice details and bright colours, I will be ordering a few more as we go.

We also have the budkins family dolls set which although lovely don’t stand up so well, the girls get a little bit frustrated with them and put them to bed a lot! I think I will look to replace them at some point.

On the whole we have been really pleased with the house and would definitely recommend it a great gift for children that will keep them entertained for hours. butterbee

We we’re kindly sent the products from Big Game Hunters in exchange for a honest review all thoughts and opinions are my own.

• August 22, 2015 / 8:45 pm

Stunning isn’t I usually hate the clutter of toys in the house but I love this x
      Amy recently posted…My week in pictures #31My Profile

1. August 19, 2015 / 10:43 am

What a fab dolls house. Great for imaginative play. Lovely photo of them playing with it! It’s a shame about the dolls – they didn’t think that through. Thanks for sharing & hosting #KidsCorner

2. August 19, 2015 / 5:37 pm

Aw what a gorgeous dolls house. I want to restore an old one with my girls one day, it’s been a dream of mine for years now, but we don’t really have any room in our current house! xx
    Katie @mummydaddyme recently posted…When you go past a Cornfield…My Profile

• August 22, 2015 / 8:46 pm

they do take up a fair bit of room but that does sound like a great project! x
      Amy recently posted…My week in pictures #31My Profile

3. August 19, 2015 / 7:43 pm

What a gorgeous dolls house and good for you for getting it together. I literally do not have the patience for these kinds of things! X
    Alice recently posted…Camp Bestival- SundayMy Profile

• August 22, 2015 / 8:48 pm

No me either but needs must if they came down the next day and saw the box they would of been on my case all day haha!
      Amy recently posted…My week in pictures #31My Profile

4. August 19, 2015 / 9:25 pm

I love a good dolls house, I used to play with mine all the time when I was younger. This one is very cute, the wall paper is fab! We have a couple of the Budkins people as well, Oliver isn’t a fan they are quite fiddly.
    Becky-LittleOandme
    #Kidscorner
    LittleOandme recently posted…Bobo Buddies toddler reins from Throughly modern babyMy Profile

• August 22, 2015 / 8:47 pm

Defo for boys and girls they all love abit of role playing don’t they x
      Amy recently posted…My week in pictures #31My Profile