Colief Playdate

Last Wednesday me and Lottie hopped on the train (or more accurately I struggled with a baby in arms and a pushchair) to London. It was my first time taking Lottie on a train anywhere so I was a little bit nervous to be doing over 2 hours for the first time -what if she screamed the place down or refused to sit still! Thankfully she was good as gold. The journey was fun – we played, did a bit of colouring and Lottie shouted ‘OOOS AT’ (who’s that) when anyone walked past. IMG_2535

The point to our little visit up to London was to attend a playdate with Colief I wasn’t quite sure what to expect really it was all a little last minute but I was pleasantly surprised it turned out to be alot of fun for and I came away learning a lot with chats from some of Colief’s developmental experts. 557

My favourite being from the nutritionalist Judy More about the importance of Vitamin D supplements – I think we have all heard at some point about the importance of getting more Vitamin D in our child’s diet but it really hit home for me just how important it is to make sure the kids are taking a supplement everyday. It has always been a big thing for me to make sure the girls are getting a good balanced diet but Vitamin D is one of the only things you do not find enough of in foods as it comes from the sun and I have to admit at first sight of abit of sun I’m slapping the factor 50 on the girls, I am terrified of them getting sun burnt but that means I’m stopping them from getting the all important Vitamin D they need in order to aid strong development of teeth and bones. The government recommends all infants, young children aged 6 months to 5 years, all pregnant women and breastfeeding women should take a supplement containing vitamin D.
As part of the new Colief range they now have vitamin D3 drops since the event I have just been popping the drops in the kids drink with breakfast they don’t even notice but I am relieved knowing they are getting the nutrients they need.

vit_d_home

After all the chats the kids had a really fun play session from the giggles company with 2 of the most enthusiastic children’s entertainers ever, they were just two balls of energy and all the kids (and adults) had a great time.

581

587

colief

We had such a fun day, a big thank-you to colief for having us.

• July 26, 2015 / 7:09 am

And you too hun, I know me too was a real eye opener x
      Amy recently posted…My Girls – JulyMy Profile

1. July 22, 2015 / 6:10 am

It does look like a lot of fun! And lovely that Colief had arranged such nice activities for the children! #kidscorner
    Claire recently posted…Roadside treasure challenge.My Profile

• July 26, 2015 / 7:09 am

Yes they went to lots of effort to make it fun for the children x
      Amy recently posted…My Girls – JulyMy Profile

2. July 22, 2015 / 6:50 am

It looks like such a fun day. I never knew any of this before. I’ll definitely be making sure Evie gets some Vitamin D from now on. She eats so well already but if I really look at her food, I think this is definitely missing x
    Chloe recently posted…WHATEVER THE WEATHER #2My Profile

• July 26, 2015 / 7:10 am

Yes well vitamin D is really hard to get from food so the supplement is so important x
      Amy recently posted…My Girls – JulyMy Profile

3. July 22, 2015 / 7:51 am

Looks like a fun day! Glad the train ride wasn’t a nightmare. I worry about my baby not getting enough Vitamin D. Will have to look into drops and sneak it in his water or juice.
    Who Let the Mum Out? recently posted…Hypnotic 50 Shades Date NightsMy Profile

• July 26, 2015 / 7:11 am

You definitely should check the out they don’t even notice a difference x
      Amy recently posted…My Girls – JulyMy Profile

4. July 22, 2015 / 8:18 am

This was interesting as I have heard a lot about vitamin D already.It is also recommended to help prevent breast cancer.Glad you all had such a fun day and that you found it informative.Thanks for hosting #KidsCorner

5. July 22, 2015 / 10:04 am

Love the pic of Lottie in her bunny ears! Finn was born in the States and I was told to give him drops of vitamin D as I breast fed. I was reminded at every appointment. Rory was born in Scotland and nothing has been mentioned to me re vitamin D (and we certainly won’t be getting any through the sun!!)
    Amy (Feeding Finn) recently posted…Cucumber and Apple SaladMy Profile

• July 26, 2015 / 7:12 am

Really thats not good, I think we a abut behind over hear with it, it was briefly mentioned by my health visitor but it wasnt until this event I really thought about it x
      Amy recently posted…My Girls – JulyMy Profile

6. July 22, 2015 / 10:41 am

sounds like the train trip was a success, and how cute is she in her bunny ears #kidscorner

• July 26, 2015 / 7:13 am

Yes she was a little angel thank god and thanks she loves anything on her head!! x
      Amy recently posted…My Girls – JulyMy Profile

7. July 22, 2015 / 7:17 pm

Looks like a fab day! Thank you for sharing that info about vitamin D, I am definitely going to start giving Oliver a supplement. Lottie looks very cute in her little bunny ears!!
    Becky x