Summer Essentials

Ino Ino its been miserable in the UK the last few days but today the sun is shining and I’m so excited summer is coming this means no more coats and standing freezing cold in the park while the kids run riot yay!

Today I’m sharing with you my essentials guide to summer! I think it’s a really good idea to have a bag with all your essential bits in that you can pick up at the drop of the hat knowing everything you need it in there already or keep it in the boot of the car for those spur of the moment picnics and beach trips! Summer Essentials

1. Bucket and spade – standard for the beach of any parks that have a sand pit.
  2. Sun tent – I found this a god send with Lottie last year even just in the garden this one is from Mothercare.
  3. Hats – to protect their little heads I picked these up in Next the other day.
  4. Swimming Costume – How cute is this one from Boden I love it.
  5. And one for me this David bikini* is lovely on, I can’t wait to get down the beach this summer with it on the colour and detail is just great and it’s a lovely quality.
  6. O.R.S hydration tablets* – I am so bad for drinking enough, in the summer I can get really dehydrated so it’s quite handy have something like this in my handbag or in the car.
  7. Beach ball or football – keeps the kids and the dads entertained ages while us mummies can soak up some rays!
  8. Picnic blanket – I lost mine somewhere in our move so picked this one up in wilko it now sits in the boot of the car ready for when ever we may need it.
  9. Sun cream – even if you put the cream on before you leave the house always take some extra to top up throughout the day no one wants burnt little babies. I’m currently using the sun mousse for kids*

What are your summer essentials?

*PR samples

You Baby Me Mummy

1. May 10, 2015 / 4:56 am

Great essentials, love that mini Boden costume, I never think to look on their website. I always worry about my LO in Summer no matter how much suncream I smother him in so definitely need a sun tent! #sundaystars
    Kaye recently posted…Fashion Friday #17: Hello SunshineMy Profile

2. May 10, 2015 / 5:19 am

I’m so envious of people that live by the sea, I’m desperate to move out but it’s just not feasible right now. Great list Amy, most of it is on my packing list for our holiday to Greece in half term xx
    Mummy Tries recently posted…Sharing the Blog Love #2My Profile

3. May 10, 2015 / 5:24 am

I have never found it easy to get sunscreen into Gwenn, so I’ve always liked mousse formulations too.

Great list!

x

#sundaystars
    Betty and the Bumps recently posted…Moving house: One Year OnMy Profile

4. May 10, 2015 / 5:42 am

Great essentials, that costume from Boden is so cute. I can’t wait for summer, that reminds me I should probably wash the picnic blanket and put it in the boot of the car. x
    Caroline recently posted…A Quiet Week {My Positive 2015}My Profile

5. May 10, 2015 / 6:34 am

I love that swimming cossie. It’s so cute. Desperately need to find my girls some cutesy swimming costumes so they can have a splash around in the summer.
    I always keep my picnic blanket in the car along with a variety of balls. You never know when you might need them.
    #sundaystars
    Sam recently posted…Nabi 2 Tablet ReviewMy Profile

6. May 10, 2015 / 6:46 am

I get myself all organised in one car and find that I’m in the other when I need to use the bits! I love that little swimming costume, it’s so cute. There’s nothing cute in a pair of boy’s swimmers!!
    Babyfoote recently posted…Bedtime stories (week 19 – 2015)My Profile

7. May 10, 2015 / 7:14 am

It must be wonderful living near the beach – we have half the stuff already but we definitely need a bucket and spade this year for any beach trips! Great list here 🙂 #Sundaystars
    Lisa (mummascribbles) recently posted…VE Day – a celebrationMy Profile

8. May 10, 2015 / 8:28 am

Such a good idea. Whenever we decide to do anything ‘spur of the moment’ it takes us an hour to get everything together and get out of the house. By that point the outing has often lost its shine.

#sundaystars
    Mama, My Kid Doesn’t Poop Rainbows recently posted…There’s no sick leave for mumsMy Profile

9. May 10, 2015 / 8:51 am

These are some great suggestions. I especially love the sun tent. I think I’m going to have to invest in one #sundaystars K x
    K @ Eat.Love.Live recently posted…Sunday Mini Styles #7My Profile

10. May 10, 2015 / 3:04 pm

I can’t wait til the weather heats up a bit and I can go to the beach with Elliot. We didn’t really do it much last year as he hated the sand but he’s into it now and loves having a paddle! It’s great living so close to the beach, we are spoilt for choice really aren’t we! x

11. May 10, 2015 / 3:15 pm

Fab list. You have reminded me about a sun tent. They are a god-send! #sundaystars x

12. May 10, 2015 / 3:32 pm

A great idea to have everything in a bag ready to go! We’ve never had a sun tent, but I can see the appeal. The sun mousse sounds great to. 🙂 xx
    Jenny recently posted…Make memories in Florida and a GiveawayMy Profile

13. May 10, 2015 / 9:49 pm

I can’t wait for summer! Great list of essentials – many of these are on my list!
    Ali recently posted…My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

14. May 11, 2015 / 9:01 pm

Great list, Amy. I am jealous that you live so close to the beach – our nearest coast is well over an hour’s drive away!

I love that swimming costume as I am a sucker for anything with Flamingos on.

Jenna at Tinyfootsteps xx
    Jenna recently posted…HappyDays #28My Profile

15. May 13, 2015 / 6:10 am

There’s nothing like a good day at the beach. I can’t wait to go this year and these essentials looks fab! We love The Sun Mousse here too – although Toby hates having it put on! #sundaystars x