Healthy Banana Loaf

This weekend me and Maisy got up to a little bit of baking we had a few banana’s that were on their last legs so the plan was to make some banana muffins two problems though we didn’t have enough butter and I had run out of muffin cases FAIL!

So after a quick google search I found a banana loaf recipe using rapeseed oil instead we have a load of this so went for it! It actually turned out bloody delicious previous banana loaves I’ve cooked can be a little dry but this was lovely and moist best of all it’s actually healthy as well!

So I am sharing the recipe with you all the one I found online was from Scottish Rapeseed Oil but I did change it up a little to make it healthier. IMG_9791

Ingredients:

100g Plain Wholemeal Flour
75g Self-raising Gluten Free Flour
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
2 tsps Baking Powder
125ml Cold-Pressed Rapeseed Oil
100g Caster Sugar
2 tbsps Honey
2 Large Eggs (beaten)
3 Bananas (mashed)
1 tsp Vinilla Extract IMG_9645

Method:

• Preheat the oven to 170c grease and line a loaf tin or in my case we used a giant silicon muffin mould (as you do)
  • Sieve flour(s), baking powder, bicarb of soda. into a bowl and mix together.
  • In another large bowl combine the rapeseed oil and sugar beat until blended. IMG_9657
  • Add to this the beaten eggs, mashed banana’s, honey and vanilla extract stir well.
  • Add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture one tablespoon at a time throughly mixing each time. IMG_9671
  • Pour into tour tin and bake for an hour pierce with a skewer on knife if it comes out clean its done if not give it another 10 minutes.

Now the hard part leave it to cool before you tuck in!

healthy banana loaf recipe
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

1. May 5, 2015 / 3:14 pm

I have done exactly the same as you before now, realised I didn’t have enough butter and tried it with oil. They do turn out nice don’t they, your recipe sounds fab! Must give it a try xx
    Hayley @hayleyfromhome recently posted…Three Day Weekends – I Love YouMy Profile

• May 6, 2015 / 8:39 am

so nice it because its not full of crap it feels so much better when eating it haha x
      Amy recently posted…Kids Corner #1My Profile

2. Shannan
    May 6, 2015 / 5:39 am

Yummy loving banana loaf hun. I found the best recipe for a banana load on allrecipes.co.uk!!! I could do with a cuppa and a slice of cake…ohhh is it too early lol x

• May 6, 2015 / 8:40 am

Thanks karen not great for a banana hater though LOL! xx
      Amy recently posted…Kids Corner #1My Profile

3. May 6, 2015 / 7:42 am

I love banana bread so this really appealed to me.
    One of my little ones has multiple allergies but this looks like it could be really easily adapted.
    I’m going to give this a go at the weekend x
    Emma Chanagasubbay recently posted…My Budding Blogger:Zoella WannabeMy Profile

• May 6, 2015 / 8:42 am

yes i guess thats the good thing you can swap and change what ever you like really! x
      Amy recently posted…Kids Corner #1My Profile

4. May 6, 2015 / 8:38 am

Yummy, Amy. This looks deliciously healthy! Great way to use up the bananas. we always have a few that get left in the fruit bowl looking a bit sorry for themselves. x #kidscorner
    MyLifeMyLove recently posted…Bank Holiday Bluebell WalkMy Profile

• May 6, 2015 / 8:41 am

ino mine either disappear immediately or are lift till the end of the week!x
      Amy recently posted…Kids Corner #1My Profile

5. May 6, 2015 / 9:18 am

Oooo this looks so yummy! I love banana loaf and make a pretty good one but I may have to try this one next time! Thanks for sharing – you’ve made my mouth all watery! #kidscorner
    Lisa (mummascribbles) recently posted…The chatter of a toddlerMy Profile

6. May 6, 2015 / 11:05 am

This banana loaf looks lovely, I will definitely try it next time we have some bananas left in the fruit bowl. It looks like you had great fun making it too!
    Kate recently posted…Make 7 – Potato stampsMy Profile

7. May 6, 2015 / 7:56 pm

This sounds great … we will definitely be trying this out soon. I am a bit rapeseed oil mad at the moment lol! So this is right up my street and I always feel guilty for not doing enough baking with my little monkey :). Thanks for hosting too xx #kidscorner

8. May 6, 2015 / 8:04 pm

This is exactly how I came to use oil in my carrot cake, they do turn out lovely and moist. I really must give this a go for banana cake too, although I do put white choc chunks in it ha! Thank you for hosting this lovely linky x

9. May 7, 2015 / 2:46 pm

Ooh I love baking with rapeseed oil, recently did a banana loaf recipe myself but this looks mega tasty and healthy,