A couple of weeks ago Lottie and I spent the afternoon getting our bake on. I raided the cupboards to see what we had in and we knocked together these Chocolate and Banana muffins. I was winging it just a little bit but they turned out to be so tasty I wanted to share this super simple recipe with you all.
3 bananas (the riper the better)
200g self raising flour
100g caster sugar
50g cocoa powder
150g milk or dark chocolate (chunks or chips)
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl Mash the bananas until smooth(ish).
- Break in the egg and add the oil – mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add the chocolate chunks into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Make a little well in the dry ingredients and add the banana mixture. Fold it in.
- By now you’ll have a lumpy batter that smells like chocolate heaven, if it seems a little dry add a dash of milk.
- Grab your lined muffin tin and fill each cake case to about 3/4’s full.
- Bake for around 25 minutes at 200°c/gas mark 6.
- Allow to cool and all that’s left to do is tuck into your yummy Chocolate and Banana muffins!
They are so delicious really gooey, chocolatey and a great way to use up some left over bananas.
Lottie and I love baking together you can catch a glimpse of us in action in our recent vlog.