That’s mental to think this time last year I was sat brain storming idea’s and googling how to start a blog, I had no idea whats so ever all I knew is I wanted a new project and it looked like it could be great fun.
I can’t even remember what I used to do be for blogging came into my life I must of had so much free time!!?
I fell into this blogging lark by accident you could say, I came across beauty blogs after watching make up tutorials on YouTube and then found parenting blogs after that I loved reading them and one day took the plunge and started my own.
Instantly I was hooked. Blogging is addictive you are never done, there’s always more you can be doing whether it’s on the blog or building social media you can just get lost for hours in it all but I love it, it’s like my forth baby.
This year has been one hell of a learning curve, I was a complete beginner to it all and am still learning so much now – it takes time. Anyone in the early days of starting a blog will feel totally overwhelmed by it all but it just takes a little patients and you will get there.
As it is my blogs first birthday I am going to share some of my favourite things about blogging with you all:
- New friends; I have met so many new people through blogging I see them as some of my closest friends even though we have only met a handful of times we talk daily and they are just the best!
- It keeps my brain ticking over; I love being a mum but some days talking about which nappies I’m using at playgroup is just plain dull, I get to use my brain with my blog and I love that.
- Confidence; I cannot tell you the confidence I have grown since starting my blog, don’t get me wrong I’m a room of people I still won’t be the loudest, but I’m no longer worried. I’ve pushed my boundaries so much more in the last year and it’s due to my blog and the opportunities it’s given me. I still have my anxious spells but fortunately they are a lot less frequent than before.
- I’ve worked with some great brands, it’s all still a little unbelievable when someone wants to work with little old me – but I shouldn’t think like that I’ve worked my socks off this last year so it’s a lovely to have it pay off.
- Events; blogging events are so much fun I have been to a couple already and am going to Britmums live this weekend which I am so so so so excited for!!
So happy birthday Everything Mummy here’s to the next year!!!
I am going to be sharing my top blogging tips I have picked up in the last year next week as well so keep an eye out for that, and to say thank-you to everyone who has read my blog and shown me support over the last year I am going to be running some great competition’s over the week.