Me and the kiddos have caught the baking bug this week and have been getting very busy in the kitchen yesterday we made some healthy banana and berry muffins, really quick and easy and after sharing a quick snap on my Instagram & Facebook I had lots of requests to share the recipe so thats whats I am doing today.
I did my measurements in cups – no I haven’t turned American my scales are broken so I kinda made it up.
- 2 & 1/2 Cups wholemeal flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas that have seen better days
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 6 table spoons rapeseed oil or melted butter
- 1 cup of frozen berries
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Line a muffin tin with cake cases.
- Combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In another bowl mash banana’s and beat in eggs, brown sugar and butter or oil.
- Add the dry mixture a spoonful at a time to the wet mixture and mix in.
- Stir in the berries.
- Spoon into the mixture evenly into cases – bake for 20-25mins.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.