Today we woke up to a grey and grizzly morning, Which is great for my flowers that I have forgotten to water all week(opps) but not so great for the picnic we had planned in the park today. So we’ve pied that idea off and decided to have a lazy day at home and seen as this horrible weather is forecast to last all week I thought I’d share a list of our favourite things to do on a rainy day!
- Baking; we love to bake or attempt to anyway this girls love getting stuck in and helping.
- Making dens; we had so much fun making a den last week its definitely now one of their favourite things to do at home now.
- Gluing and sticking; the girls get a magazine usually every week and once there done I go through and cut out all the little pictures and bits the kids then spend ages gluing all the bits down making a nice collage.
- Painting; Yes very messy but using the washable paints from Crayola its not to bad! I set down a big mat on the table aprons on and they create oh so many master pieces. If you don’t fancy the mess of paint we did some tissue paper stain glass windows recently which the kids had loads of fun with and virtually mess free!
- Hide and Seek; lets face it toddlers are crap at hide an seek “I know mummy you count and I’ll go hide behind the curtain” but they still love it!
- Snuggling up with a film; we love to get all the blankets down on the sofa and chuck a film on-usually frozen of course nothing else will quite do. there getting to the age now where they will actually sit and watch a whole film, its lovely!
- Teddy bears picnic; turn the lounge into a picnic spot and bring all the teddies along!
- Fancy dress; anything better than dressing as woody and buzz for the afternoon and re-enacting toy story?
- Sensory play; rice, pasta few pots and pans and there away and you can make it a little more structured like I did with Bella here.
- Dancing; lastly when in doubt just through on some music and dance around like loonies!
So that’s what we get up to on rainy days stuck at home, I hope its given you some ideas to make this rainy weather a little more bearable.