Camp Bestival – Friday

The girls and I were so excited to head off to Camp Bestival this weekend to spend a couple of days having a ton of fun together at our first ever festival!

Being just down the road from and not feeling quite brave enough for camping with all three of the girls we just popped back and forth for the day. Which worked out really well for our first festival experience as it meant we could leave as the girls started to flag and we had comfy beds to jump into!

Were off to Camp Bestival

Campers can arrive on site from Thursday to pitch up obviously that wasn’t applicable to us so we rocked up on Friday at about mid day and wow I just didn’t expect it to be any where near as big as what it was! I felt a little over whelmed at first just not quite sure where to go or what to do first. We settled down in Big Top to have our picnic and we watched West End Kids the girls loved singing along to some of their favourite Disney songs.

big top Camp Bestival

After our refuel we headed off to explore more of Camp Bestival and find our barings a little, being such a family orientated festival the whole vibe of Camp Bestival was so friendly everyone just laughing, being silly with the kids and generally having a lovely time.
Friday afternoon was mostly spent eating and exploring, there was so much going on the girls didn’t want to stay in one place for more than 5 minutes but it was fine by me – they were running, laughing, dancing away to Reggie and Bollie and just taking all the atmosphere around them in their stride.

cb 25

The food stalls were amazing you really are spoilt for choice and we didn’t hold back at all when it came to the treats! Have to try a little of everything don’t you, food isn’t cheap at Camp Bestival but then it’s not a big shock – find me an event where it ever is?

As the day went on we found ourselves at the Big Fish Little Fish disco on the Bollywood stage, I cant tell you how much fun this is it’s a proper mini rave for children and the parents love it too! The girl were going mad you can see in the video I made of our day.

Dancing at the big fish little fish disco - camp bestival

CB 21

Once all the little dancing queens had well and truly danced their socks off we headed into the caravan bar (forgotten the actual name) which is so cool it’s like a bunch of retro looking caravans all in a circle with a bar and seating around. They had circus shows on in the clearing in the middle, the girls loved watching the man ‘go to space’ I have to say I felt nervous watching him up there!

CB 20

It started getting late, the girls had been little balls of energy all day so they started to flag at about half 6, we went in search of some chips before heading back to the car! CB 19

Friday done! I love the photo below of the girls, it really does sum up the day for us lots of fun and excitement!

1. August 2, 2016 / 8:22 am

This is on of the festivals we really want to take the kids to. Before the kids we used to go to Reading and V fest but not quite brave enough to take the kids there yet. So we have been looking at this one where it is more chill friendly. may have to give it a go next year.
    Blogging Mummy recently posted…Body Shop and Helping Reggie Find LoveMy Profile

2. August 2, 2016 / 9:42 am

Looks like you had lots of fun this is one of the festivals I’d love to go to for a family day out.

3. August 2, 2016 / 3:50 pm

Aw you’ll have to camp next year! It is quite a sizeable site and takes your breath away at first. We loved Caravanserai too and caught a pop up circus performance in there on Sunday evening. Your girls are lush and look they enjoyed it 🙂
    76sun recently posted…Camp Bestival 2016 {A Family Review}My Profile

4. August 3, 2016 / 5:57 am

My Instagram was awash at the weekend of CB photos. I loved the Space theme what a great idea. I like you don’t think I’d like to camp but if you live not far why would you! Look forward to reading the rest xx

5. August 3, 2016 / 9:56 am

I SO SO SO want to do this next year!! It looks awesome and I know my girls would love it. You and your little beauties looked like you had a brilliant time and you didn’t even have to camp, which is even better – in my book. Great post!! x

6. August 3, 2016 / 8:10 pm

I was enjoying the festival vicariously through all the bloggers but next year i soooo want to go, it looks immense! It looks like you had a fab time x
    Stephanie Oakes recently posted…Review // Britax DUALFIX Car seatMy Profile

7. August 8, 2016 / 6:48 pm

The food is just amazing isn’t it – we always have a sneaky churro’s fix too. I didn’t see any of what you experienced although we did hear a Frozen sing-a-long at one point. Can’t wait to hear what you thought of the rest of the weekend!
    Kara recently posted…My Sunday Photo – 7th August 2016My Profile

8. August 12, 2016 / 2:07 pm

Aaaah it was SO good wasn’t it???? I absolutely LOVE it. Literally one of my favourite weekends in the whole annual calendar. I love it even better than Christmas — and that’s saying something!!!! 🙂
    Caro | The Twinkle Diaries recently posted…Home Etc #63My Profile

9. August 13, 2016 / 5:45 pm

Bestival looks amazing and I’d love to take Archie but he really struggles with his Autism. He has a lot of sensory issues and gets overwhelmed very easy so I just don’t know if it would be too much for him
    Toni | Gym Bunny Mummy recently posted…HOW TO SHOP LIKE EVERYDAY IS BLACK FRIDAYMy Profile

10. August 13, 2016 / 8:58 pm

Those churros were amazing weren’t they! So glad you had a great time.
    It was our first time to and loved every minute x