Making a room fit for a princess

It’s been 6 months now since we moved and finally I have finished one bedroom, It happens to be the smallest room in the house but thats neither here nor there it’s done, complete and I love how it turned out for Lottie.

When we first looked at this house the room had a big high rise sleeper with desk etc built in, great for a teen not for a baby so that was all ripped out and the room re-plastered we then painted it with a colour called pretty pink which turned out to be pretty flipping purple but when diluted with some white it was a lovely colour.

I wanted a really pale shade as the room is so small anything too bright will just close it in and make it look really dark. So I wanted to add in some bright colourful accessories just at the right time I was contacted by the lovely people at Graham & Brown and asked if I would like to review a few items. I was having a good look through the site and came across the beautiful Lemon Ribbon range as soon as I saw them I thought the animal sanctuary bits would be perfect for Lottie’s bedroom so bright and cute – Lottie is really into animals at the moment too so it is just perfect for her!

I love how much these wall stickers brighten the room up and make it more interesting for a toddler to look at. She enjoys standing in her cot and trying to reach them thankfully she can’t yet or I’d spend half the day putting them back on! The wall stickers are a matte finish and super sticky so you need  to work fast but then they aren’t going to budge at all, one pack was plenty for the room.

This set of three canvas wall pictures pull the room together I love that they’re so thick they really stand out they look great!

lotties room1

This picture is from Feather Grey and I love it matches perfectly.

I am really happy with how these few accessories have made her room so lovely for her now which room next??

This post was written in collaboration with Graham and Brown.

Home Etc

1. June 24, 2015 / 8:53 am

It’s beautiful and really colourful. We are taking on our new home 1 room at a time and I can’t wait to get our children’s plain white rooms filled with colour. It sounds like you’ve worked really hard to get it how it is and the hard work definitely paid off! #kidscorner

2. June 24, 2015 / 9:40 am

That’s gorgeous! Love the colour of the walls – it’s definitely ‘pretty pink’! 😉 I bet she’s super happy with her new room x #kidscorner
    Emma’s Mamma recently posted…Sudocrem Care and Protect- reviewMy Profile

3. June 24, 2015 / 9:50 am

It definitely is a pretty pink room – but how annoying that the paint was more purple to start with. I think nurseries are great when they’re bright and light, especially in smaller rooms as it makes them feel much more airy. Love those block pictures too #HomeEtc
    Stephanie Robinson recently posted…The Salvage Sitting Room for #NationalUpcyclingDayMy Profile

4. June 24, 2015 / 10:29 am

Love the idea of using a pale colour and then spicing it up with the bright stickers.As you say, smaller rooms need lighter colours but that is a great way to get the best of both worlds. Lottie must love all the bright, colourful animal bits.Thanks for hosting #KidsCorner

5. June 24, 2015 / 12:15 pm

The new room looks lovely, and I totally approve of all the animal additions too. She’s a lucky little girl 🙂 #HomeETc X
    Lins @Boo & Maddie recently posted…Monday Catch Up #4My Profile

6. June 24, 2015 / 5:08 pm

Looks like it has turned out beautifully, we need to get on and tackle our Lottie’s bedroom- if we ever get round to it we will check out Graham and Brown. #KidsCorner
    catherine killen recently posted…Party PlanningMy Profile

7. June 24, 2015 / 5:42 pm

Such a gorgeous princess room, I love the stickers too!
    Kx

8. June 24, 2015 / 6:55 pm

I love those canvas wall pictures. They’re brilliant. The room looks so pretty and the pink walls are perfect!

#kidscorner

9. June 24, 2015 / 9:36 pm

It’s beautiful! Graham and Brown have some beautiful ranges at the moment, spoiled for choice but this one looks lovely, just right for lovely Lottie xx #HomeEtc

10. June 25, 2015 / 5:36 pm

The canvas prints are really cute. I still haven’t got any pictures up in Clara’s room and she’s just turned 1!
    Kiri recently posted…This Week… 15-21 JuneMy Profile

11. June 30, 2015 / 6:39 pm

Beautiful accessories and the room looks SO pretty now. Love the little canvasses. Such a fab room for a lovely little girl! Thanks for linking up lovely – much appreciated.

#HomeEtc Jess x