These three ingredient banana pancakes are the perfect breakfast or snack for little ones. Elsie loves them (as do the big girls) plus they’re really quick to prep and make – bonus for us busy mums.
Pancakes are always a winner no matter what your age but these three ingredient banana pancakes are great for baby led weaning. They’re quick to make, small for little hands to grip, prefect for dipping and not full of sugar.
Looking for a recipe to use up over ripe bananas?
This recipe works best with over ripe bananas so it’s the perfect way to use them up before they end up thrown away.
Ingredients for Banana pancakes (makes 10 – 12 small pancakes)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 table spoons of plain flour
I pretty much eye ball the amount of flour I use in this recipe but usually around 4 heaped table spoons to get a gooey mixture. If it’s too thick add a splash of milk.
How to make Three Ingredient Banana Pancakes
- In a mixing bowl start by mashing up the ripe bananas with a fork for a couple of minutes. They won’t be smooth but smooth enough.
- Add in 2 eggs and whisk together.
- Stir in the flour and you have your batter.
- Pop a frying pan on a medium heat and spray with oil.
- Once the pan is hot add in your pancake batter use 1 and a half to 2 tablespoons per pancake. Spread out your batter with the back of a the spoon. You want the pancake to be roughly palm size.
- Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with yogurt and fresh fruit.
Perfect pancakes every time.
This recipe is fantastic and can be adapted easily. You can make larger pancakes for bigger tummies or pop in some cinnamon or peanut butter for a different flavour!
If you enjoyed this recipe check out these Apple Pancakes.