Signs of summer are popping up all over the place right now; from the blossom covering the trees to the t-shirt lines on my arms after a day in the sun. Summer is my favourite time of year and I am so excited to be filling up my diary with great plans to create new memories over the coming months.
Last year I shared with you my A-Z summer bucket list which I am totally going to follow again – check it out for some summer ideas.
This years big summer plans include:
- Fixing up the garden; I want to create a more child friendly space for the girls to spend those long summer days, a space for a water fight and for us to dine alfresco. The main thing is a massive over grown tree/bush thingy that needs removing, it will give us so much more space. Then I want to tackle the grass it’s only a small space so I am considering going down the artificial grass route.
- National Trust days out; late last year I finally got us our national trust membership. I am setting us a challenge to visit 5 national trust sites over the summer. They are great days out, usually with activities for the kids to get stuck into. If I pack up a lunch it costs nothing so I will be making the most of it.
- Beach; You all know we love the beach I see many a long lazy day spent splashing in the waves and building sand castles.
- Camp Bestival; We will be starting off the summer holidays in proper festival style! I cannot wait to get back last year we had an absolute blast, it is definetly one of the best weekends of the year. It’ll be our first family camping experience so I am thrilled to be staying with pitch village, they are taking all the stress away from living in a tent with three children.
- Go Ape; This is one for me and the boy. As he works off shore I love making plans for us to do fun things when he’s at home. We have been saying how much we want to tackle a high ropes course together I am going to book it in as a treat when he’s back. Artificial grass direct are running an awesome competition right now to win a £150 Go Ape voucher make sure you enter before the 28th May if it’s something on your bucket list too!
What big summer plans have you got coming up??