Well looks like we have well and truly said good-bye to summer doesn’t it? This year has been a bit of a wash out but you can put money on the sun coming back as soon as the kids are back in school. Well I am hoping at least then I can sit outside and enjoy the sun in peace!
This has been my first summer holidays with three kids all off at once for 6 weeks straight, as last year Maisy was still in nursery so it has been a little tough at times with this rubbish weather. I envisioned us going off for long county walks and picnics every day and while we have fit in a few of those it’s been nowhere near as many as I’d of liked, instead we have been enjoying cosy DVD days and indoor picnics (I daren’t even attempt a soft play in the holidays).
One thing that has become apparent to me over the past few weeks is how much my two big girls have grown up and grown into their own personalities and with that they are expressing different things they are in to. For instance with the DVD’s we have had a couple little tiffs (all out war) over what we are going too watch with Maisy being the girly girl wanting princesses and fairies and Bella being much more into her super hero’s wanting things like The Hulk – yes really that s angelic looking blonde girl is mad on him. #HulkSmash.
Both are head strong little things and neither like to back down (shock preschooler’s who don’t like the word no) so I have spent the summer trying to find some great family films that will suit everybody’s taste. Well except Lottie who generally just points at the telly and say’s Peppa but there is only so much of that pink little pig one can take.
Here are my top 5:
- Home alone – this one is for me who doesn’t love home alone!? Has to be the original 2 though they are the best.
- Happy feet – lots of singing and dancing definitely get my girls up and moving when it is on so that’s a bonus plus I am obsessed with penguins.
- Beethoven – one I watched a thousand times as a kid but still love.
- Toy story – Toy story couldn’t have not be a part of this list my girls have loved this film for so long, even though it’s been about for years children still seem to just adore these films and I’m not surprised they are awesome, I even remember going to watch this at the cinema as a child.
- Dumbo – This film makes me cry every time but I have to include it because when I think back through all the classic Disney films this is 100% my favourite.
Was so tough to pick just 5 my list could have gone on, what would be on your list?
This post was written in collaboration with Rakuten.co.uk