Ok so if you are involved in blogging I’m sure you have heard of Britmums Live, if you aren’t or you have been hidden under a rock then in a nutshell Britmums Live is the biggest 2 day blogger and social media conference in the UK and this was my first year!
This time last year I had literally just started my blog, I saw the buzz on twitter about britmums and all I wanted to know was – what the hell is it? and how do I get there? Now one year on my blog has grown more than I could of even imagined – I have worked bloody hard at it and when I look back at old posts I’m not embarrassed at how shocking they were I am proud of how far I’ve come.
So on Friday I hopped on to the train with some other local bloggers and we set of for London!
I was staying in the Thistle with the lovely Steph from Midlife Mummy Diary so met her there, quickly checked in and then headed down to The Brewery.
The whole event was a little overwhelming but in a good way, it was lovely to meet people I hadn’t before and catch up with those I already knew. I thought I’d do this post a little different, I’m not going to type up my notes from the event ‘cus heck I can’t even make sense of them! Instead I thought I’d share a few of my highlights so those newer bloggers out there or anyone who was in two minds about going will for sure change their mind!
- Great relevant brands to chat too – I’ve been to events before and tried to make small talk with brands that really I didn’t get I guess they just weren’t right for my type of audience but all the brands at Britmums were great and really friendly. I was impressed especially with Realtimes a great new app that allows you to create really cute video and photo montages so easily I love the idea and I can’t wait to have a play on it and share some more videos with you all. They also have a great competition going to win a VIP family experience for 8 to stay overnight in Port Lympne Animal Reserve’s exclusive Livingstone Cottage, all you need to do is create a video on the app and share your RealTimes story on Twitter to @realtimes with the hashtag #RealFamilies to enter. You can read the full details here.
- I learnt a lot of great new tips from some amazing bloggers and writers, the speakers were all so friendly and happy to help even after their talks with answering some extra questions I was only gutted I couldn’t attend them all! I am going to spend a few days making tweeks and changes so I can kick some blogging arse.
- I laughed more than I have done in bloody yonks – the atmosphere was great everyone there shared the same passion for blogging that most our ‘real life’ friends don’t get.
- I’m not going to lie I pretty much went through every emotion possible in the space of 48 hours Victoria Wright and Downs side up both had be in tears when the spoke – such touching stories, but it left me feeling even more inspired than ever.
- We set a flipping world record in one of the most ridiculous things I have ever done! Wrapping mummies – my competitive side came out and I wrapped Jess from Mummy of boy girl twins like I’ve never wrapped anything before – not that I make a habit of wrapping people in loo roll or anything. Here she is loving life..
Will I be there next year? Too bloody right – see you there!
An extra big thank-you to my sponsor Spatone for making it possible for me to go and have so much fun.