If you follow me on twitter and Instagram you may have noticed I’ve been taking part in the upbeat protein challenge for the past week which I mentioned in my last weekly health a fitness challenges, It’s been a great way for me to try out some new recipes and change up the things we’ve been eating – we were stuck in a bit of a same dinners rut! Not everything worked as you can imagine, but one thing that was definitely a big hit with my family was Turkey and Feta burgers and as they are so simple, cheap to make yet full of lots of protein I am going to share the recipe I used with you!
- 500g turkey breast mince
- 150g Feta cheese
- Heaped tablespoon of oregano
- black pepper
- In a large bowl crumble the feta cheese into the turkey mince and using your hands combine together.
- Add the oregano – again using hands combine it all together. Season to taste with black pepper.
- Shape them into burgers as you can see I made 5 very large burgers you could easily make about 8 good size burgers out of this.
- Place under a hot grill for about 15 mins turn half way through or until lightly browned and cooked right through.
I served ours on Quinoa and salad it was absolutely delicious and was such a quick dinner to chuck together so perfect for children as well as its very healthy. For the girls Quinoa I used one of these Quinola mothergrain* pouches all the same goodness with a little flavour and also very easy to prepare! They really love them.