It’s been a whole week since I wrote my post about finding health and fitness and setting myself some small weekly challenges to help lead a healthier lifestyle. I’ve had an amazing response so thank you to everyone who has left me comments and offered support its great and really encouraged me to think of some fun new challenges and stick at it!
So last weeks challenges started small:
- Drink two litres of water each day.
- Get out for a run.
So how have I got on?
I think I’ve done really well, I don’t think every single day I have managed a whole 2 litres of water but I have significantly increased how much water I’ve been drinking each day and it has made a big difference to me, the mid afternoon head aches that had me feeling sluggish are gone which is great. I think a lot of the time I was confusing thirst with hunger and when I felt like that would snack on all the wrong things, 2 litres sounds like an awful lot but there are a couple things that helped me up how much water I’ve been getting;
- Firstly every time I ate I would get a big glass of water as well so breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as any snacks I had, and took out a bottle of water with me when ever I left the house.
- Secondly as water does get a bit boring just plain after a while I was sent some Enhance drinks to try out, just squeeze a little of this in a glass of water and it becomes a lovely refreshing fruity drink, with no artificial colours or flavours really tasty the kids have been enjoying them swell much better for them than squash or sugary fruit juices.
- Brian from www.quickdoctor.co.uk advised on drinking flavoured water, which makes it easy to increased your daily water consumption.
I did also manage to get out for a run, it’s not always easy to around Ryan’s shift work and the girls various groups and nursery run’s, but I did manage one. After so long not running or doing any real it was tough I won’t lie but I did 5k, I had to slow down into more of a power walk through some hilly (is that a word) bits but I kept going and I felt great after once I’d caught my breath back that is!
New challenges for next week
So next week I’m going to continue with drinking lots of water along with that I want to:
- Get out for another run and try an at home work out DVD or something any suggestions?
- I’ve also been set a challenge by Feeling Upbeat to join in with their #bloggerschallenge which is all about increasing the amount of protein in your diet and then documenting how your feeling after, so I started Thursday and will be updating next week with results on that. The sent over some great foods to get me started and if you follow me on Instagram it’s been food overload with me snapping the yummy protein rich meals I’ve been whipping up.
So stay tuned for next weeks updates, everyone who joined in with last weeks challenges let me know how you’ve gotten on!