We’ve all done that typically British thing haven’t we? We’ve longed for the sun to make an appearance for the last 9 months, enjoyed it for a day and since done nothing but moan about it being ‘too hot’.
I hold my hands up and admit I have said it! I love the long hot summer days but after a week of sleepless hot, sticky nights I need a break. When your abroad and all you need to do it dip in and our of a pool it is perfect, all the hotels have air con and you can actually sleep. When your at home having to ‘do life’ it’s tough!
I get really irritated when I’m all hot and bothered so I’ve been doing my best to keep cool. I thought I would share with you some tips and great products that have been helping me.
- Loose clothing – Yup an obvious one but one we often forget. Sod the denim shorts #chaffinghell. Loose fitting cotton dresses for the win!
- BIG hats – The bigger the better, in 30° shade is your friend.
- Water – Loads and loads of the stuff. I try and keep a water bottle with me at all times to encourage me to keep drinking it’s crucial on hot days.
- Sun cream – Apart from being bad for your health, getting burnt will also make you feel even hotter, slap on the cream and keep yourself safe. I have been using Heliocare, HydraGel as it’s a gel it sinks in really nicely leaving no greasy residue, it’s a factor 50, it hydrates skin and makes it instantly look brighter.
- Cooling body bliss – I feel like I’m sharing with you a secret weapon here; this stuff has been a god send. Cooling Body Bliss is from Basq NYC, it’s a gel consistency and is actually aimed a pregnant women for swollen legs and ankles but it’s full of cucumber, green tea, aloe and eucalyptus which hydrates and cools the skin down. It is so refreshing.
- Ice lollies – Yep you all have permission for unlimited amounts of ice lollies, I shared some simple recipes for healthy variations of ice lollies, if you need some inspiration – check it out.
- Umbrellas – I felt a bit of a twit carrying an umbrella down to the park on a day out recently but it was so hot we ended up all fighting to be under it! A big old parasol isn’t always practical but taking a smaller umbrella will still do the trick.
- Deodorant – Of corse we all use deodorant but I have been particularly loving the new Go Fresh range from Dove during these hot summer days. The fruity scents keep me feeling fresh and sweat free all day.
- Sunglasses – The sun glaring in my eyes just agitates me a good pair of shades stops me getting in a flap!