One of the tastiest dates in a foodies calendar is fast approaching. Pancake day is right around the corner, so get it in your diaries (28th Feb) and have your frying pans at the ready. Today I have teamed up with Pink Lady® and I am sharing with you a super simple, delicious apple pancake recipe that will be sure to win the kids over this pancake day.
If you’re anything like me you’ll like your pancakes sweet, which usually means lots of sugar and lots of lemon which is not the healthiest option. This recipe will give your pancakes a delicious, subtle sweet flavour. PinkLady® apples are jam packed with goodness – just one apple gives you a quarter of your daily Vitamin C needs so this recipe is perfect if you are watching your sugar intake.
Ingredients(makes 10 pancakes)
100g plain flour
2 medium eggs
2 Pink Lady® apples cored and sliced
Butter or oil to grease the pan
- Blitz the apple slices and milk together until completely smooth, you will be able to see little bits of apple but no big chunks.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs and flour together.
- Gradually whisk in the apple and milk mixture.
- Put your non stick frying pan over a high heat, add a little butter or oil.
- Pour a little mixture into the pan, cook each side for a minute or until lightly browned.
(Big bad wolf help is optional)
Tips for the perfect pancakes
- Make sure the pan is nice and hot before you pour in the mix.
- Grease the pan for each pancake.
- Don’t use too much mixture, keep them thin for a nice crisp texture.
All thats left to do is top them and tuck in, yes that is a salted cameral dip and it is amazing with this apple pancake recipe.
We don’t have pancakes enough in this country pancake day should definitely a weekly thing!
Disclaimer: This post has been written in collaboration with Pink Lady® all thoughts and opinions are my own.