Lottie’s First Hair Cut.

There are lots of first’s in a little ladies life, first smile, first tooth, first steps, first hair cut….

Last week Lottie had her first hair cut.
Only it wasn’t really my choice, it was Bella’s.

One slow Tuesday morning in the half term I was taking my time getting my backside into gear and the girls were plying with stickers. Well stickers soon escalated into hair dressers.

All was too quite I probably should have know, In strolled Bella to my bedroom as I was folding away some washing and said “mummy Lottie has some scissors and she wants so cut her hair.”

Immediately I panicked thinking why has Lottie got some scissors and ran to fetch them off her, it seems Bella climbed up the side to get into the craft box for more stickers and found the kids crafting scissors.

Then I noticed hair. Everywhere. Lottie sat looking proud as punch in the middle of it saying ‘Bella did my hair cup’

Yay

Lotties Hair

Not only did she hack half my babies mop off she also took those precious first curls!

A lot of people asked how I reacted did I go mad? did I cry? I did what all good sensible parents do I laughed my head off and took photos.

I’m sorry Lottie but it was pretty hilarious.

Bella’s response too all this – “It just looks awful” yes I know babe you did it!

It has since been a slightly fixed up the ends softened so it doesn’t look quite so blunt and the back evened up a little, it’s an improvement anyway!

Hopefully it won’t look quite so wonky soon but I am sure it will still be talked about for years to come.

KIDS ay you need eyes in the back of your head!!!!!

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

1. June 9, 2016 / 12:39 pm

Ha ha sorry Amy but this made me giggle, have seen this so many times in my career, the worse is when they take fringes off ! At least you can laugh at it, I have seen mums hysterically crying, one mum once shouted at me because I giggle as I was correcting her little darling handy work xx

• June 9, 2016 / 12:51 pm

Haha I couldn’t help but laugh if it had been Bella or Maisys long golden locks I might have been a tad more upset! It’s guna be one of the stories we tell for years xx
      Amy recently posted…Lottie’s First Hair Cut.My Profile

2. June 9, 2016 / 1:56 pm

Lol this has made me giggle I remember my sister doing this to her hair when she was little.
    joanna recently posted…Wicked Uncle ToysMy Profile

3. June 9, 2016 / 6:03 pm

hehehe! This did make me chuckle. Both my girls cut their own hair when they were younger. My youngest cut her fringe and a good chunk of hair down to her scalp. lol
    Kim Carberry recently posted…A fun little bird owl feeder.My Profile

4. June 9, 2016 / 6:53 pm

Oh no, I definitely would have cried! Lol I actually remember my cousin doing the same to my brother, but it’s not quite so bad with boys is it!
    #BrilliantBlogPosts

5. June 13, 2016 / 1:22 pm

Oh goodness! My niece did the same to her sister’s hair – hacked away at the front of her hair. It looked awful, my poor sister in law was so upset, but luckily the hair dresser managed to rescue it into a cute little pixie bob. We can all laugh about it now and it’s one to remind them of when they get older! xx
    Cardiff Mummy Says – Cathryn recently posted…Exploring Dyffryn Gardens in the Vale of GlamorganMy Profile

6. June 14, 2016 / 7:29 pm

Oh no!! This is so bad but really funny, I’m not sure how I would react! I hope you got to keep her first curls that got the chop! Xx
    Alex Lamb & Bear recently posted…BB’s 1 Month UpdateMy Profile