Outdoor Winter Adventures

Anyone who knows me well enough will know I don’t do the coldness. I used to spend my pre-children winter’s eating bad foods and drinking hot drinks dreaming about spring and summer coming back. This is to a certain extent how I do still spend my winter’s but as you all know with three small children day after day stuck in is not a great deal of fun. There is also only so much soft play one can take and if you’re feeling the pinch from christmas still, it can be an expensive couple of hours!

With the January blues in full force I have been trying to embrace the winter days and get out as much as possible with them to have a stomp and let off some steam no matter the temperature.

Jan 3

Hats and scarfs at the ready for a windy day at the beach with Alice from New Young Mum and her daughter Amelia.

jan 4

Jan 1

Jan 5

Jan 2

One of the best bits about getting out on a freezing January morning is it is almost compulsory to destroy a huge chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows on return home.

Castle exploring.

Making the most of a more mild day and practicing riding the new bike father christmas bought! (Yes she is still very much in her spiderman phase!) I was a little worried the bikes wouldn’t get much use at this time of the year but they have been keen to get out no matter what the weather! It is a great way of getting them out and about. Lottie is feeling a little left out of the bike situation so I have been looking out for a balance bike or scooter for her up and coming second birthday I was really impressed to see the wide range of products and acsessories available at the skate hut. It’ll be great to see all three of them zooming around next month!

Am I converted to the colder climate? No I am still looking forward to the sun coming back but this is keeping us sane and maybe I have enjoyed it just a little!

1. January 19, 2016 / 12:59 pm

We have had to start going to the park every day after school as Emma has so much pent up energy, especially on the days they are not allowed to play outside, that it becomes frustration and attitude in the evening if not let out!xx
    oana79 recently posted…Brave New DreamsMy Profile

2. January 19, 2016 / 3:08 pm

Such lovely photos and I am loving her spiderman wellie boots and bike! My youngest daughter would love them!

3. January 19, 2016 / 3:47 pm

Your littles look so cute all bundled up in their scarves, super snugg! I keep meaning to take Rosalie out but it’s so damn chilly I’m like ‘Naaa lets watch pepper pig!’

4. January 19, 2016 / 5:55 pm

Aww I am not much of a cold person either! I’m always the one at work who’s sat with their coat on! Haha, although I do love the cold winter days where it’s really sunny and fresh! Looks like you’ve been having lots of fun! I wish I lived nearer the seaside x
    Sophie recently posted…Beauty | L’Oréal Paris Infallible FavouritesMy Profile

5. January 19, 2016 / 8:40 pm

Lovely photos and a cute little cameo appearance of Amelia! It is cold out but I just can’t stay in all the time with Amelia it would drive me crazy, bring on summer!! xx
    Alice recently posted…Valentines Playdough PlatterMy Profile

6. January 19, 2016 / 10:39 pm

Lovely photos, I think there is something so nice about the winter sun! I don’t like to physically be cold, but I love winter and getting wrapped up in something cosy to go out for a walk, it always feels so fresh!
    BloggerMummyLauren recently posted…My 2016 Reading ChallengeMy Profile

7. January 20, 2016 / 10:37 am

I love getting out and about on these cold winter days, then heading back for a hot chocolate. It looks like you made the most of a lovely day, even in the cold. Love the bike! #Whatevertheweather
    Let kid be kids recently posted…Let kids be kids linky 19/1/16My Profile

8. January 20, 2016 / 10:45 am

Gorgeous photos of a lovely day. Looks beautiful. #whatevertheweather
    Maestro mummy recently posted…Let It Snow!My Profile

9. January 20, 2016 / 11:03 am

Stunning photos and it looks like you made the most of the cold weather (despite your dislike). Love the Spiderman bike ^_^

10. January 20, 2016 / 12:18 pm

Kids just don’t care do they. These are lovely pictures! Glad you had fun on the cold. I hate winter too

11. January 20, 2016 / 2:02 pm

Lovely photos, Amy.

I would spend my pre-child days staying inside and hiding under the duvet too. But I think too much time in the house isn’t good for me and my little lady, we end up going a bit stir crazy.

xx

12. January 20, 2016 / 8:37 pm

Aw I know the pre children years well. At least now with children we are forced to brace the weather, and actually this year for me I have enjoyed so much being out in the cold weather. And actually its not been as bad this year, although January is starting to get rather frosty. Lovely photos of you all x

13. January 23, 2016 / 7:13 am

I am by no means a cold weather person either, but after visiting Canada in the snow – I mean real snow – I might just be a convert, so much for the kids to enjoy they barely noticed it was -10 outside! #whatevertheweather
    Keri (Baby Globetrotters) recently posted…Dubai Miracle Garden with KidsMy Profile

14. January 23, 2016 / 2:57 pm

That first photo!! Her little red nose!! So cute. I need to make more effort getting out in the cold. We like to take Lamb for walks in the woods but it’s been ages since we’ve done that. Snuggles under a blanket is much more appealing! x
    Alex Lamb & Bear recently posted…The Rabbit Who Wants To Fall Asleep Review – Night 1My Profile

15. January 24, 2016 / 8:26 pm

Awwww it looks like a great day out altogether. I love the spiderman bike! I hate the cold too. I’ve been looking desperately at last minute holidays in the sun. I can’t wait for summer to come back. It looks like a nice sunny day at the beach though and you all look very cosy in your hats and scarves!!! Only 8 weeks till March and potential warmth! Thank you for sharing your adventure on #whatevertheweather x

16. January 27, 2016 / 9:15 am

We couldn’t survive without getting outdoors in winter, the boys go stir crazy. It looks like you’re having a lot of fun though, castles and beaches are my favourite places to visit. You’re so lucky to be close to a beach.
    Thank you so much for linking up to #Whatevertheweather 🙂 x
    Jenny recently posted…Whatever the Weather #27My Profile

17. February 16, 2016 / 3:13 pm

Nice pics. When you are at 25 celcius like I am. You would wish to have that weather.

18. June 29, 2016 / 12:36 pm

Chilly, snowy days are calling your kids outdoors. Find fun winter activities for the slopes, trails, ice rink, and backyard for children of all ages. Remember to brush up on winter sports safety . Have the hot cocoa ready when everyone comes back inside!